Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Traeger Buys Meater  (Read 329 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Traeger Buys Meater
« on: July 06, 2021, 06:36:44 PM »

No price mentioned in the article.  I can see how it could be a decent fit merging the technology developed by Meater with the technology on a Traeger controller so you are managing everything through one app.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/traeger-grills-bolsters-connected-cooking-capabilities-with-meater-acquisition-301325708.html
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

dk117

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: Traeger Buys Meater
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 07:33:13 PM »

thanks for the post. 
  • I'm just not into connected grilling, I don't see it as a killer app vs a nice to have shiny
  • If Traeger wants to get serious, they need to thicken up their metal.  Check out Aaron Franklin's new stick burner.
  • My 71 year old mother said to me yesterday, "Traegers are getting trendy"  if that isn't the beginning of the end I don't know what is.
DK
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2004 Vermont Castings Natural Gas Grill

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 07:41:13 PM »

I think Traeger's game is sell as many grills as they can and make money on the accessories.  I'm guessing that 75% of the people that buy a pellet grill pick Traeger as their first one.

I just saw an Ace Hardware commercial on TV.  They will assemble and deliver for free.

Gas - Weber
Charcoal - Green Egg
Pellet - Trager
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 10:30:25 AM »

I think Traeger's game is sell as many grills as they can and make money on the accessories.  I'm guessing that 75% of the people that buy a pellet grill pick Traeger as their first one.

I just saw an Ace Hardware commercial on TV.  They will assemble and deliver for free.

Gas - Weber
Charcoal - Green Egg
Pellet - Trager

ACE has been doing that for a while.
Traeger has wormed their way into being sold by many businesses, so the name gets seen and that is what people think when they initially go to buy one.
They even had a TV Infomercial.  They do a good job marketing.

I "try" to buy USA made products when I can, which is why my first grill was the Memphis Pro. Never even considered Traeger.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven
Pages: [1]   Go Up