Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Traeger Filing IPO  (Read 293 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Traeger Filing IPO
« on: July 06, 2021, 10:01:54 PM »

Based on the brief amount of information in this article they have been growing their business significantly, but not much money doing it.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/grill-maker-traeger-files-for-ipo-11625607293

Info in this article shows better financial results.  I get they are only discussing one quarter in this article, but those results seem dramatically different than what was listed in that other article.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-06/maker-of-2-000-barbecue-grill-traeger-files-for-u-s-ipo
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 10:05:28 PM by Bar-B-Lew »
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

dk117

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: Traeger Filing IPO
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 12:01:56 AM »

I've owned a Traeger '09 Texas ... well since March 2010, so 11 years now.  Never heard of the  " Traegerhood "   

I'm an MBA with digital marketing creds.  This stuff angers me.  It's all rainbows and unicorns.  Traeger was a good start for me in this BBQ journey, but it's vastly overselling itself and will dupe investors in the long run.

DK

PS I walked into the hardware store yesterday and per your last post ...  Yup Green Eggs, Weber, and Traeger.  I guess one needs to start somewhere.
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2004 Vermont Castings Natural Gas Grill

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
Re: Traeger Filing IPO
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 10:37:05 AM »

I got a kick out of this comment from Traeger in the MarketWatch article.

Traeger said it makes grills that simplify wood-burning cooking by using proprietary pellets and a smartphone-linked control system, as well as a community of grill owners it calls the “Traegerhood.”

Simplifies cooking by using proprietary Pellets ? ? ? Hahahahahahaha
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven
Pages: [1]   Go Up