Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by just4fn on 21 Jul 2021
  • As stated before is my igniter on my DB prime quit working.  It was an older metal one.  They sent me a new igniter which was ceramic.  Easy job right?  I took out the old igniter and tried to install the new ceramic and it would not fit in the hole!  I tried for an hour thinking is was me.  I  got ahold of GMG support and they said it should fit but it doesn't.  I know they are thinking this guy is doing something wrong.  Anyway,  I measured the old igniter and it was .378 inches and the new one is .422 inches.  Well that's a problem.  Support said maybe the sent a mis-machined igniter and sent me another.  I got the new igniter and it measured the same.  So now I took it all apart I took the auger, igniter tube and firepot out.  The igniter tube just pushes on the firepot nipple so that was not it.  I tried to push in the igniter into the firepot which was in my hand and it didn't fit. I put the igniter in the opposite direction and it fit fine.  What I found was there was a slight burr in the firepot opening for the igniter.  Small enough for the old hot rod but too big for the new hot rod.  I took my Dremel tool and removed the burr. I put the grill back together which was a pain in the xxx.  2.5 hours later is all good.  Moral of this story is ?  :cool: 
  • #2 by Canadian John on 21 Jul 2021

•  Solve your own problems as others may not be able to.
Pages:
Actions