Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 18 Aug 2021
  • I was thinking as we cool down and go into Fall, I would be more inclined to use the Memphis Pro.  I also thought to generate some content for the site I might try some food from places like Omaha Steaks and the like.  I know we have had discussions about them, but to the best of my knowledge I have nevr had them and was thinking a review might be interesting.  Food reviews are very subjective, but I believe you all trust my general knowledge on food and I believe I could be some what objective in certain criteria.

I relly don't know of any "food delivery" places other then Omaha.  Do you all have any other suggestion of something like it?  Would there be certain things you would like to see.  Got a little extra cash I am will to shell out, specially when it is something I enjoy eating.

So any input would be welcome.
  • #2 by Th3Batman86 on 18 Aug 2021
  • I personally have always wondered about whether Omaha steaks was a gimmick or not so I would be interested in that.
  • #3 by WiPelletHead on 18 Aug 2021
  • Snake River Farms is one that delivers.
  • #4 by Bentley on 18 Aug 2021
  • Figured I would start late September with the Omaha Steaks, I am curious too!  Will have to look into what they offer and also SRF right now and see what a good sampling is.  Might as well just go through the suggestions as they come in!  Wonder if $100 will even buy anything!
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Aug 2021
  • Sam's Prime vs Costco Prime

$100 won't get you much from SRF.

Check for specials that SRF and Omaha Steaks have on their websites.  They usually always have something.  The coolers are really good to use for keeping food warm and not worrying about getting juices all over them.  If you ruin it, you throw it out and it cost you nothing.
  • #6 by jdmessner on 18 Aug 2021
  • Great idea. I will be interested in seeing how this turns out.
  • #7 by cookingjnj on 18 Aug 2021
  • Butcher Box is another delivery company.  However, I have not used them, and I do not think they allow for ordering of individual steaks etc, only packages (but not sure on that one).  I have used Omaha in my younger days.  Expensive for what you actually get in my opinion, but remember the products being pretty good though. 
  • #8 by ofelles on 18 Aug 2021
  • SRF. Porter Road, Creekstone Farms, Allen Brother.  All have excellent product and ship to your door.  25 years ago I tried Omaha and thought "I can find this good at the local Safeway.  They might have changed but I have not heard much good about them
  • #9 by GREG-B on 18 Aug 2021
  • Kansas City Steak Company&Trade is another one I've been curious about also.  I'm afraid to order from them, thinking they're probably similar to Omaha Steaks of which I have never been all that impressed with. 
  • #10 by rfinley on 19 Aug 2021
  • Years ago I had training in Marshalltown Iowa. The company always brought us to Rubes Steakhouse for the final dinner.
    Always had coolers packed for my return trip. The beef is the best I've ever had !!  They do ship !!  Not a big company that
    advertises nationally, but I guess they don't have too !!!  You will not regret the order !!

https://www.rubessteaks.com/Beef_s/1834.htm
  • #11 by Canadian John on 19 Aug 2021
  • Great idea. I will be interested in seeing how this turns out.

Me too.
  • #12 by 02ebz06 on 19 Aug 2021
  • Years ago I had training in Marshalltown Iowa. The company always brought us to Rubes Steakhouse for the final dinner.
    Always had coolers packed for my return trip. The beef is the best I've ever had !!  They do ship !!  Not a big company that
    advertises nationally, but I guess they don't have too !!!  You will not regret the order !!

https://www.rubessteaks.com/Beef_s/1834.htm

I'd become a vegan before I'd pay that much for a single steak.  :'(

• #13 by Brushpopper on 19 Aug 2021
  • My niece's husband has a BBQ food truck and catering business.  This is the sausage he uses.  It was vey good but I don't know what flavor he served us.  I doubt it was duck and pork or alligator and pork.  Yep.  They sell them.

https://www.hudsonsmeatmarket.com/shop
  • #14 by Mikro on 19 Aug 2021

• We had an Omaha Steaks outlet here local in Dallas. I tried them out some years back, was not impressed with any of the meat. Small portions, no real flavor, and over priced.

Just my 0.02cents worth.
    mk
  • #15 by hughver on 19 Aug 2021
  • I recently tried 8oz. American Wagu beef patties from SRF and they were better than the run of the mill burgers but IMO not worth the price. I also saved the box for FTC application.
Pages:
Actions