Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Off Topic, Back issues  (Read 704 times)

Mikro

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Off Topic, Back issues
« on: September 30, 2017, 11:17:49 PM »

HI All, I have had back problems since the late 80's from an auto accident. Been in my back (surgery) 6 times. They want another go at it. NOT!!!
My back went out again about 5 days ago, been really painful again ( can barely walk, and have been using major meds as well ). So I bought me a decompression table from Amazon. I do not do well on an inversion table, gives me major headaches. When I started with this today I was leaning forward about 20+ degrees and listing to port 10 degrees. Now I am standing straight and with minimal back pain. I do mean minimal.

I put it together, painfully I may add ( it weighs only 25 lbs), dropped it to the garage floor, and reclined on it and stretched my back for 3 mins. It was painful as I was in full muscle spasm. Funny thing once I released the tension my pain was gone. I put on a Home Depot back support and helped my nephew with some large timber woodworking for about 4 hours with no problems. When reading the reviews I found many said that it hurt them? Obviously they don't understand decompression vs TRACTION.  Once tension is felt on the machine, 1 maybe 2 clicks is all that is needed. I just did it again for about 3 minutes and I feel great. Hopefully, this will keep the Dr. away from me. The sessions they wanted for me to do this at a PT place would have cost me $75 a day 3 days a week for 3 months. I bought this from Amazon for $150. LOL!! I'm am a very happy person again. :)

Just wanted to pass this along if you are having back issues and decompression may help ( talk with your Dr first ). If you want more info PM me as I don't want to litter up the forum with links.
Mike
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:57:09 PM by Mikro »
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede
HomeBrew Upright/Vertical Pellet smoker

Quadman750

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • North of the border
Re: Off Topic, Back issues
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 05:58:42 AM »

Can you post the product you are using (if it is allowed only) I am interested in researching this.
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe

Mikro

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 11:14:27 AM »

Bentley please delete if this is not allowed.
I rarely suggest things to people, so it is with hope to help someone else that I do this. Remember do not use this like a RACK it will hurt you. just slight tension to start decompression. add to that as you feel the need. The PT place started at about 1mm-2mm at first. So like I said minimal tension that helps not hurt.
https://www.amazon.com/Stamina-Line-Back-Stretch-Bench/dp/B005IQS7C4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1506831138&sr=8-8&keywords=spinal+decompression
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:28:26 AM by Mikro »
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 02:50:19 PM »

I had a physical therapist put me in a decompression thing... it felt good while in the machine,  I couldn't hardly walk after getting out of it.

Glad it helped you...  for me it didn't.

Most of my issues are lack of core body strength,  physical therapy of stretching and exercises is the only thing that keeps mine in check. I've struggled of and on with back pain for nearly 40 years,  no sourgyires yet off me though.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

Quadman750

• North of the border
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 02:55:43 PM »

Thanks for the info :beer:
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 03:11:09 PM »

Thanks for the tip. I will have my wife ask her doctor about them. She has had 3 surgeries. The last fusion was in May, and hasn't seemed to help the situation much.

GregW

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 05:54:33 PM »

I'm glad you were able to get some relief.
I know Chiropractors sometimes have a less than stellar reputation, but under the right circumstances they can really help.
Have you ever been to a Chiropractor?

Mikro

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 06:34:15 PM »

I'm glad you were able to get some relief.
I know Chiropractors sometimes have a less than stellar reputation, but under the right circumstances they can really help.
Have you ever been to a Chiropractor?
Yes but when you have had fusions done they don't like to work on you.
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede

GregW

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 08:28:38 PM »

Yes, they are into non surgical treatments. Fusions definitely would prevent the Chiropractor from doing any realignments on the affected area.
I've only been to Chiropractor for relatively minor issues that responded to short term treatments.

Mikro

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 09:04:24 PM »

Yes, they are into non surgical treatments. Fusions definitely would prevent the Chiropractor from doing any realignments on the affected area.
I've only been to Chiropractor for relatively minor issues that responded to short term treatments.
Yep, my Chiropractor is an old High School friend. He was the one that said I needed additional surgery many years ago, that he could not fix my problem. I think that was surgery # 4 and 5 in the early 90s,   LOL!!!
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede
Pages: [1]   Go Up