Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 01 Sep 2021
  • Everybody sleeping ? ? ?  Haven't seen a post since early yesterday afternoon.

Just took this pork loin off the grill about 15 minutes ago.
    Cooked at 180 for about an hour and a half, then bumped to 350 for about an hour. Pulled at 145f IT.
    Used some of my homemade pork rub on it.

Was an 8.8lb pork loin and was in 5 pieces.  Three are on the plate.
    The other two pieces are still in fridge and will be cubed for Pork Carne Guisada tomorrow.

Also have a spatchcocked chicken still on the grill. Should be done in 15 minutes or so.
    Will post pics when it's done.

Majority of this will end up in freezer.
  • #2 by Canadian John on 01 Sep 2021

•  It sure as heck has been quiet.

That's one good looking piece of pork..

• #3 by 02ebz06 on 01 Sep 2021
  • Thanks, Here's the chicken pics...

Was nice and moist, chicken had nice crispy skin (gave it a little coat of melted butter about half hour before it finished.
    Just sprinkled some poultry seasoning on the bird.
  • #4 by SmokinHandyman on 01 Sep 2021
  • All looks very good
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Sep 2021
  • Yes, great looking food there.

I've been prepping for the hurricane remnants rain storms to attempt to not have a repeat of the water damage to my carpet in the basement like we did a few weeks ago.  When this hurricane finishes rolling through, we will have had about 15" of rain from three hurricanes in the last 2 weeks.  And I live in Eastern PA not on the Atlantic shoreline.
  • #6 by Bentley on 01 Sep 2021
  • Nice Roast Pork!  What were the sides?  What is the dark spot on the one half?
  • #7 by 02ebz06 on 02 Sep 2021
  • Nice Roast Pork!  What were the sides?  What is the dark spot on the one half?

Thanks all.

Just had one side - corn cut off the cob and fried with onions.  Usually have bacon in it, but forgot to take it out of the freezer. Better with bacon.
    I think the dark spot was just a thicker area of rub that was on it.
Pages:
Actions