Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Jon515 on 02 Sep 2021
  • Does anyone have experience with he Weber Smokefire EX4?
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Sep 2021
  • Glitchy does
  • #3 by glitchy on 04 Sep 2021
  • I tried the SmokeFire twice. It has some serious pluses for a grill at that price, but left me with a lot of headaches. I feel most of the hardware issues have been resolved, except for pellet feed. The hopper design is just weak. If you remove the finger guard and maybe even lube the ramp with food safe silicone spray, you’ll probably get along OK most all of the time as long as you rustle pellets around every few hours.

Most of my issues were software and firmware related. Between October 2020 and February 2021 the firmware was buggy as heck. I had problems with not ever getting to temps, running way over, probes stopping reading mid cook, never getting alerts, and on and on. They have released updates since that I hear have stabilized things.

The biggest ongoing complaint I hear is flameouts very likely due to the hopper design. That all being said, the grill put out some of the best que I’ve ever made. It seems to have one of if not the best smoke profiles in pellet grills. I’m assuming this is because of the lack of a drip tray and more smoke moving up through the center of the grill. It also grilled at high temps like no other pellet grill I’ve seen. The MAK and Memphis come close, but the MAK is not as intense, and the Memphis really had a small zone that seared well. The SmokeFire was like grilling on a Weber Spirit when it came to burgers, steaks, etc. and could use pretty much the whole grate.
  • #4 by Bentley on 04 Sep 2021
  • Ahh, real world experience...
  • #5 by glitchy on 04 Sep 2021
  • I also forgot to mention you really need to use drip pans under long fatty smokes like butt and brisket. grease and ash mix together and start to block the drain holes. It could lead to a grease fire. Weber has a really slick wet smoke kit that lets you put 9x 13 pans under the grate so you don’t lose a bunch of cooking space.
  • #6 by lil moose on 07 Sep 2021
  • I have been considring another grill BUT due to the issues they have had and some still have I'm taking the SmokeFire off the list 
Pages:
Actions