Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 04 Sep 2021
  • I would like to introduce the newest member of the Meredith household -- Hawkeye.  Hawkeye is an 8 week old, 10 lb, male yellow Labrador who is a pup on program for Freedom Guide Dogs.  We will have Hawk for the next 16 to 18 months, teach him house manners, basic commands, good behavior and take him lots of places to socialize him.  He will then return to Cassville, NY for guide training and hopefully, one day elect to guide.  But for now he is just a little bundle of fun and joy!!!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bentley giving Hawk what he calls "floor loving" since pups can't sit with person on furniture
  • #2 by hughver on 04 Sep 2021
  • What a cutie. I don't know how you can part from them after their training period.
  • #3 by Canadian John on 04 Sep 2021

•  Absolutely adorable. Serious looking too.  Have fun!
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 04 Sep 2021
  • https://www.facebook.com/christine.capaci/videos/238467391253873/

Hopefully this link is viewable.  It is the speech that Sam Hendrickson gave to the joint virtual graduation of about 4 months of graduating guide teams.  He was matched with Stan, who was Sigmund's brother, so it probably had special meaning for me since I knew Stan's puppy raisers and we followed each others progress in raising.  For me, when I hear someone like Sam speak as to what their guide means to their life, it becomes a lot easier to watch them go.  It also helps that both Dozer and Sigmund are working guides and I know what they mean to their handlers.
  • #5 by Kristin Meredith on 18 Sep 2021
  • Hawkeye was very excited for the Alabama v. Florida game and insisted that I break out his Bama kerchief.  Looks like the Tide is doing well going into halftime. Roll Tide roll!

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #6 by Bentley on 18 Sep 2021
  • He was napping before the game.  I think he is getting comfortable here!

• #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Sep 2021
  • That's cute.  I thought the Alabama game was going to be a blowout early but they allowed FL to stay in the game.
  • #8 by Kristin Meredith on 18 Sep 2021
  • No defense -- none, nada, nyet!  Pathetic when I remember back several years and they were averaging something like 3 points per game scored against them.
  • #9 by pmillen on 18 Sep 2021

Any dog that sleeps on its back is comfortable and feels safe.
  • #10 by yorkdude on 19 Sep 2021
  • Super good looking pup.
  • #11 by Canadian John on 19 Sep 2021

Any dog that sleeps on its back is comfortable and feels safe.

"Most Relaxed" I would say. You are right on that one Paul.
  • #12 by Kristin Meredith on 14 Nov 2021
  • Hawkeye is growing up fast -- nearly 19 weeks old.  Time to start practicing wearing his vest for outings.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #13 by Kristin Meredith on 19 Dec 2021
  • I have no photo skills and just a little "point and shoot" camera, but Freedom asked if they could use a photo I took of Hawk for the 2022 calendar.  So introducing Mr. June!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #14 by Canadian John on 19 Dec 2021

•  Skills or not, that's one doggone good photo!
  • #15 by 02ebz06 on 19 Dec 2021
  • Very nice!!!
Pages:
Actions