Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by mo-kid on 01 Oct 2017
  • halved....get a little crust on the stuffing mix
  • #17 by ICIdaho on 01 Oct 2017
  • So who uses a whole and who uses a halved?

I cut in half lengthwise. More bacon per bite that way!
  • #18 by Quadman750 on 01 Oct 2017
  • I cut in half, I don't have a pepper stand.
  • #19 by bregent on 01 Oct 2017
  • ABT's
    12 oz mild Italian sausage
    8 oz cream cheese
    8 oz medium cheddar
    15 - 20 Jalapenos
    Thin sliced bacon
    1 tsp Pork Rub

Split the Jalapenos and removed seeds and ribs. Soaked in Sprite for 18 hours. Browned sausage and mixed with cheeses and rub. Stuffed pepper halves with generous heaps of filling and wrapped with 1/4 slice of bacon.

Wrapped with 1/4 slice of bacon and sprinkled with Pork Rub. Brush on glaze for the last 15-30 minutes

Glaze
    1/2 jar of jalapeno pepper jelly
    1 tbls butter
    Heat till warm

• #20 by Osborn Cox on 01 Oct 2017
  • I have a pepper rack, but find it to be a PITA for multiple reasons to do it that way, so now I split in half lengthwise.   So much easier to stuff, and as was mentioned, more bacon wrapping surface area.   :clap:
  • #21 by Maineac on 01 Oct 2017
  • Those are some nice looking hors d'oeuvres, bregent.  I have never made any that look that nice.
  • #22 by Queball on 01 Oct 2017
  • Now that looks serious! bregent .... Planning on a social function with the "Legions of Rome"? .... Great lookin cook!
    • Queball
  • #23 by Conumdrum on 01 Oct 2017
  • ABT's are awesome!  :D If the heat is too much just cut and soak them in warm water after removing somewhat the seeds and the white fiber.  That's where the heat is and soaking them in warm water for 30 min or so helps cool them down.  So even the heat adverse peeps might try them.

I have made them without soaking and being good at removing seeds and the white inside.  They sometimes still were too hot.  I live in Vegas and like spicy food.  Soaking them makes it all better.
  • #24 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Oct 2017
  • I have never made them, but a friend of mine made some and brought them over a few weekends ago for me to smoke.  They were stuffed with a bacon cheeseburger mixture.

What I want to know is why is everyone removing the seeds and the veins?  If you are gonna remove the stuff that makes the jalapeno hot, why not just use a bell pepper and make bigger stuffed peppers?
  • #25 by Bentley on 01 Oct 2017
  • I mix those into my stuffing when I don't want to share!
  • #26 by Glert on 01 Oct 2017
  • Wife makes me do some almost every time I use the smoker!  Pretty simple, cream cheese, cheddar and green onions.  This last batch we substituted chives and that worked great too.  Love seeing the other recipes though!
    • Glert
  • #27 by ICIdaho on 01 Oct 2017
  • I have never made them, but a friend of mine made some and brought them over a few weekends ago for me to smoke.  They were stuffed with a bacon cheeseburger mixture.

What I want to know is why is everyone removing the seeds and the veins?  If you are gonna remove the stuff that makes the jalapeno hot, why not just use a bell pepper and make bigger stuffed peppers?

I think bell peppers when cooked tend to be bitter and jalapeños do not. Also, jalapeños can vary massively in heat, when cooking for anyone but myself, I tend to error on the side of caution.
  • #28 by bregent on 02 Oct 2017
  • Now that looks serious! bregent .... Planning on a social function with the "Legions of Rome"? .... Great lookin cook!

Thanks QueBall, that batch did turn out nice.
  • #29 by Quadman750 on 02 Oct 2017

I like mine hot so I just slice in half dump whatever seeds are loose & stuff with the ingredients . It is amazing how some of them are way hotter than others in the same batch, it's like playing Russian roulette, you never know what ones are going to make you sweat.
  • #30 by mowin on 02 Oct 2017
  • Not very strange, but very good - cream cheese, parm cheese, Jimmy Dean Sausage.

I make the same filling..  :clap:.

As far as halved or caped and cored, I use both methods,  but most of the time I'm too lazy and half them.
Pages:
Actions