Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Chokma on 02 Oct 2017
  • I am a "lurker", but--

I cut jalapenos in half lengthwise then remove seeds and veins.  Fill with a strip of chicken breast that has been marinated overnight in Zesty Italian salad dressing.  Wrap with bacon and sprinkle on Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning.  On smoker at 150 degrees for 30 minutes then raise temp to 300 and cook until bacon is done.  Remove from smoker and lay a strip of pepper jack cheese on top and in the oven at 170 degrees until cheese melts.

At this  point I add more Tony's and eat until I can't see clearly.

Enjoy
  • #32 by scdaf on 02 Oct 2017
  • I also cut in half lengthwise, scrape with a grapefruit spoon, spread Boursin herbed cream cheese, sprinkle of rub, little smokie, bacon wrap, one more sprinkle and into the smoke.
  • #33 by bregent on 02 Oct 2017
  • I have never made them, but a friend of mine made some and brought them over a few weekends ago for me to smoke.  They were stuffed with a bacon cheeseburger mixture.

What I want to know is why is everyone removing the seeds and the veins?  If you are gonna remove the stuff that makes the jalapeno hot, why not just use a bell pepper and make bigger stuffed peppers?

It really depends on the group I'm making them for. If just for my family, I'll leave some seeds in.  But even with seeds and ribs removed, there is still some heat compared to a bell pepper, and I think there's a big difference in flavor between jalapeno and green bell pepper.
  • #34 by NorCal Smoker on 02 Oct 2017
  • Cut in half, scrape out seeds and veins, cream cheese, little smokie, seasoning (3EYZ), wrap in bacon, then more seasoning.
  • #35 by Quadman750 on 03 Oct 2017
  • I want to try with taco fried beef mixed with cream cheese,topped with chilli pepper jack & wrapped in bacon.
  • #36 by Bennett on 03 Oct 2017
  • I like to put a shrimp in them sometimes.
    • Bennett
  • #37 by DMAXNAZ on 07 Oct 2017
  • Halved with cream cheese and shredded cheddar jack. Wrapped in bacon. Some left unwrapped for the burnt cheese. Yum!
  • #38 by scdaf on 07 Oct 2017
  • Another good filler is the canned buffalo chicken meat from Costco.
  • #39 by Bob The Smoker on 17 Oct 2017
  • I do halves now because the rack is a pain. I have noticed that Jalapenos don't seem to be as hot as they used to be. Sometimes I can get some good one but more seem to be mild. I like to kick it all up a notch and do Dragon Toes. Habaneros with cream cheese and chopped scallops sprinkled with favorite rub then wrapped in bacon.
Pages:
Actions