Here's How I.... > Cook Everything Else (Pizza, Appetizers, Desserts, etc)

Some stuffed banana peppers.

<< < (2/2)

BigDave83:

--- Quote from: Bentley on September 10, 2021, 12:49:54 PM ---Scotch Bonnet and Habanero almost the same in taste and Scoville rating.  How tender do the peppers get after cooking?

--- End quote ---

They were very soft, the banana peppers because of the way I cut them held all of the liquid from the meat and the pepper. When I picked them up with the tongs it squeezed a lot out. I think the time you leave them in had a lot to do with tenderness. i have done jalapenos that still had a bit of crunch to them. The toughest parts really is the outside or skin that is exposed, if they are completely covered in the bacon the outside is much softer.

Bar-B-Lew:
http://www.pepperfestival.com/

I went to this today and tried several scorpion, ghost and reaper sauces.

BigDave83:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on September 10, 2021, 07:32:38 PM ---http://www.pepperfestival.com/

I went to this today and tried several scorpion, ghost and reaper sauces.

--- End quote ---

That would be a nice way to spend some time. I have been to some BBQ places that have a ghost pepper sauce.

Last year we went for the weekend to Berlin OH, we went to Heine Cheese factory they had Scorpion, Reaper and I believe Ghost Pepper cheese along with a lot of others. I bought some of each. It was really good. There is a small dairy farm that makes cheese and they make a lot of curd, they had a ghost pepper curd, they don't have it all the time but I pick some up when I see it. We went to open house type thing where you could watch them doing different stages of it, and they had fresh plain cheese curd.

BigDave83:
Did a few more peppers today, a few infernos, banana and a couple anaheim.

Mix of 50/50 ground chuck and ground pork from the little market. I seasoned it similar to above I did add in some crushed red peppers and fennel seeds I crushed.

Did a few the other day also and gave a couple to my cousin for her husband. He really liked them, she wouldn't even try them, much like my GF.

I will eat 2 or 3 and vac seal and freeze for later, take them out and in the water oven for a bit to reheat.

02ebz06:
Lookin' good!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View