Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 19 Sep 2021
  • Kristin ask me to grill the tri-tip on the Memphis for her.

Have been using the Memphis Pro more in the last few weeks.  Pastrami, some enchilada's, stuffed Bell peppers, tri-tip, wings.  Still kind of nasty outside even at 6pm.  Sitting in a chair waiting for a sear and the sweats come! Terrible thing!

About a 1.75lb. after trim of fat.  Montreal Steak seasoning.  Pit set to 650°, meat put on at 550° with an IT of 37°, seared for 10 minutes as pit climbs to 614°.  Turned Pro to 350°, flipped meat and will now cook till Maverick Redi-Check says it is 145°.  IT was 80° at 20 minute mark, I am gonna say another 25 till 145°, but that is a guess!

Hopefully Kristin will show some carved photos.

• #2 by Bentley on 19 Sep 2021
  • Misjudged IT by about 10° to high.  Med-well, only thing that saved me was it was Wet Aged and is tender!  To embarrassed to show cross cut! Only a little pink!  Maybe when i slice for a sandwich!

• #3 by pmillen on 19 Sep 2021
  • Bentley, this probably isn't any comfort for you, but I consider you an expert pit master and when it doesn't go right for you (as it almost always does for me) - I'm comforted somewhat.  It can happen to anyone if it happens to you.
  • #4 by BigDave83 on 19 Sep 2021
  • Just looking at the outside I would eat a lot of that. for the color inside, doesn't matter tome as long as it is not dry and tough.
  • #5 by Bentley on 19 Sep 2021
  • After those very nice words...that we both know are not completely true...I may have let those outer nubs get me down for no reason! Not med-rare, but not medium well either!

• #6 by yorkdude on 20 Sep 2021
  • That looks outstanding.
  • #7 by hughver on 20 Sep 2021
  • Looks medium-rare to me.  :lick:
  • #8 by pmillen on 20 Sep 2021
  • I'd celebrate that cook.
  • #9 by Kristin Meredith on 20 Sep 2021
  • There was no pink in the two ends, but middle was pretty spot on.  Taste was great and wet aging really helped with tenderness.
  • #10 by bbqking01 on 21 Sep 2021
  • Looks good to me also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #11 by cookingjnj on 21 Sep 2021
  • I would eat me some of that tip.  Nicely done!
Pages:
Actions