Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BigDave83 on 20 Sep 2021
  • Stopped at Aldi's for some boneless thighs as that is what she wanted for dinner with taters.

Found this on the shelf, they also had Jalapeno, Ghost Pepper and another one Harissa.

This has a good habanero taste, as I didn't think it would be as thin as it is and when I pulled the little foil tab off I must have had a firmer gripp on the tube than I thought and it spilled some. I gave it a try.

Pretty good, I am going to go get the other flavors  I think and give them a try, thinking about adding in to pizza sauce, burgers, or sausages.
  • #2 by W6YJ on 20 Sep 2021
  • Curious to  how it compares to any of the Dave's Gourmet hot sauces - specifically Dave's Ultimate Insanity or Carolina Reaper Hot Sauce.

Both are very hot, but a few drops on a taco or burrito are amazing.

There is an Aldi's a mile or so away from me and it would be neat to find an alternative.
  • #3 by Canadian John on 21 Sep 2021

•  I noticed the do not recycle symbol. Must have a high number of scoville units - hot stuff.
  • #4 by BigDave83 on 21 Sep 2021
  • Curious to  how it compares to any of the Dave's Gourmet hot sauces - specifically Dave's Ultimate Insanity or Carolina Reaper Hot Sauce.

Both are very hot, but a few drops on a taco or burrito are amazing.

There is an Aldi's a mile or so away from me and it would be neat to find an alternative.

This isn't that hot, I had it straight from the tube maybe 1/8 teaspoon. I did put some in the sausage I put in the peppers I made maybe 2 teaspoons and it gave it some flavor but not over powering. 

I have not had Dave's ultimate or reaper sauce. I think I have a bottle of the regular insanity sauce here. I remember the first time I saw it was at a local bar, there was a guy eating wings he would dip a toothpick in it and put a drop on his wing and eat it, his face and chest were red. I bought a bottle and made a sandwich I just dumped some on both sides of the bread and spread it around some meat and cheese. It was hot and I knew I was eating it. I used it mostly in chili.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 21 Sep 2021

•  I noticed the do not recycle symbol. Must have a high number of scoville units - hot stuff.

I didn't even notice that, there are no recycling programs where I live. I will break down cardboard boxes and usually my winter's worth of pellet bags and take to a place with bins a few towns away. lat I heard the county it trying to get back into it, not sure that will happen, as it seems it is more costly to the county to recycle than it is to send it to the landfill, no doubt because of all of the fingers that need to be in the pie.
  • #6 by W6YJ on 21 Sep 2021
  • BigDave83,

Thanks for the comparison....
Pages:
Actions