Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by bbqking01 on 23 Sep 2021
  • Ok, so the juice is incredible, the fatty stuff and the point are probably the best I e ever had. The flat got a little too done. It looks really good, tastes good. I was hard to cut, and kind of fell apart. But I’m pleased with results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #17 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Sep 2021
  • Looks great and so does the mac n cheese.  Wouldn't mind if you shared your recipe and cooking process for it here too.
  • #18 by bbqking01 on 24 Sep 2021
  • Added to recipe section under casserole. Nearly Famous Mac n Cheese.

• #19 by 02ebz06 on 24 Sep 2021
  • Looks terrific!
  • #20 by Hank D Thoreau on 24 Sep 2021
  • You got the same results I have been struggling with. It is difficult to get both the point and the flat right. My best brisket was a flat only on my Weber charcoal kettle.

I also had trouble slicing the flat. The meat would stick to my Global chef knife and crumble. I also had to slice the meat in half because my knife was not long enough.

I did some research on meat slicing knives and discovered that this is a common problem. It seemed most BBQ folks I would see were using these knifes with round ends.

I wanted to understand what that was all about.

I bought a Dalstrong slicing knife which has been great. It is sharp, long, and meat does not stick to it. I am able to make clean, thin slices.

The granton edge reduces the surface area contacting the meat, reducing shredding and tearing.

I have not yet had the chance to try it on a brisket, but it has performed well on turkey breast and tri-tip. I just did a turkey breast this week and it did great making thin, sandwich ready slices.
  • #21 by bbqking01 on 24 Sep 2021
  • My son got me a Dalstrong meat knife last Christmas. It’s not the rounded end one but I use it on tritip and it works really well. I just used it to slice up this roast I did last week

• #22 by Hank D Thoreau on 24 Sep 2021
  • I was trying a few bottom round roasts this past year because they carried them at my local Aldi. It is very tough meat that is typically used to make deli beef.

I could not hand slice it thin enough. I may try it again now that I have a knife that can produce thin slices. I don't do enough of this type of slicing to justify a meat slicer.

I am not a sandwich guy.

By the way. You have to work on that guacamole. This is how we do it in Southern California. https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=6919.0
  • #23 by bbqking01 on 24 Sep 2021
  • Well, this was my first go at making guacamole. I wanted very simple. I live in Phoenix, so I completely understand what your saying about the guacamole. It looks rather plain. I just didn’t want to get carried away. Now that I had my first go at a simple one, I will expand my horizons and do it as southwest as I can.

• #24 by Hank D Thoreau on 24 Sep 2021
  • Hopefully, when it is safe for me to travel, I will come back to Phoenix. I used to come every year to Usery Park in Mesa and shoot in the Arizona State Field Archery Championships.

I would shoot the tournament and then do some rock climbing on the way home.

Usery Park started limiting their support for archery and I think the tournament moved to Tucson.

My old boss and good friend lives there. I always enjoyed my visits. I just wish they turned the air conditioning down a bit in Arizona. It just does not seem right to have to wear a jacket in a restaurant when it is 100 degrees outside.
  • #25 by bbqking01 on 24 Sep 2021
  • Lol

• #26 by okie smokie on 24 Sep 2021
  • Mighty nice looking Brisket.  I'm getting in the mood.
  • #27 by bbqking01 on 24 Sep 2021

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages:
Actions