Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 01 Oct 2017
  • A after several months of almost daily use,I found some "MINOR" smoke leaks that bothered me - I am an extremely fussy person.  To most people this wouldn't be a concern.....  Location and Results:

Top outside corners of the doors. Solution was to gasket the top and sides of the drawer using a Nomex komado gasket. Cure 100%.

Above the drawer/behind the doors. Solution as above.

Leaking ~ 1"@ the front two places between gasket and sealing surface, behind the handle. Carefully aligned the gasket ,ever so little.  The major factor is placing a slight down pressure on the handle to better seat the gasket resulting in an almost if not complete seal..

Both front corners, top of vertical below lid.  Both sides had an app 1/64" gap where the corner hadn't been fitted properly. All it took was a tap with a light weight hammer and using a piece of 1/2" flat bar to spread the load over the affected area.This was very easy to do and ended up with a perfect fit and no more leaks..

Hinge both sides. Using Permatex High temp Copper I applied an ever so small dab on each side @ the end of the gasket over the bend out tabs that anchor the gasket ends.It will have to be removed to replace the gasket however. This is not a 100% fix but almost there..

Now the pit is so CLEAN (smoke wise ) I just don't know what to do with myself...   I just love my PRO!!

• #2 by ZCZ on 02 Oct 2017
  • That is some impressive fine tuning!
    Awesome!

Z
  • #3 by Phrett on 02 Oct 2017
  • With the fan and convection style of the unit you must realize the air from the fan(i.e.smoke) must exit somewhere.  a little bit at the gasket is of no significance,
    IMO
Pages:
Actions