Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by ZCZ on 30 Sep 2021
  • There are three things that make the world go round (at least in the art of cooking):

Butter

Bacon

Garlic

What say you?

(Unfortunately I can’t have butter or bacon anymore; Carotid Artery is 50-60% blocked so had to go on a plant based diet. But will still cook meat for others)

Alan
  • #2 by Chris__M on 30 Sep 2021
  • Chocolate!
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 30 Sep 2021
  • Oh Al, hate to disagree, but it has to be sugar, butter, chocolate!  Followed very closely by flour and then bacon (I lean more towards baking than bbq :pig:)
  • #4 by BigDave83 on 30 Sep 2021
  • I am good with the BBG, my fourth would be eggs I think. I start to worry if i have less than 2 dozen in the fridge.
  • #5 by Chris__M on 30 Sep 2021
  • A few years ago, a similar question arising at a science fiction con ended with a consensus of : Chocolate, Garlic and Mushrooms.

To which we tried to come up with the ultimate food, by cooking chocolate-covered garlic mushrooms.

Nope, it really didn't taste nice.
  • #6 by Brushpopper on 30 Sep 2021
  • Beef.  It's what's for dinner.  :lick:
  • #7 by glitchy on 30 Sep 2021
  • Beef.  It's what's for dinner.  :lick:

Beef with garlic compound butter  8) 🥓 would be the one to scratch of the list. I like bacon fine, but don’t need it in everything.
  • #8 by cookingjnj on 30 Sep 2021
  • Z, you nailed three good ones.  I would have to add a thick rib eye steak to the list, not sure which of the other three I would substitute out however.  Probably the bacon if I went on the theme of garlic and butter makes that rib eye ohhhhhh so much better.
  • #9 by 02ebz06 on 30 Sep 2021
  • Bacon and cheese, gotta have cheese.
  • #10 by ZCZ on 30 Sep 2021
  • And I loved everything all of you have mentioned. Loved eggs, could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner and not get tired of them. My morning favorite was a bacon, egg and cheese toasted sandwich. And who can argue with a grilled Rib Eye (except for the price now).  Will treat myself to a burger at least once a month, and maybe a Tri Tip. Last night I grilled salmon, shrimp and asparagus (with a side of rice and a salad) for my daughter’s birthday. Did not take pictures but it looked delicious (& was).
    Z
  • #11 by ZCZ on 30 Sep 2021
  • All the dirty dishes. Served 10

• #12 by Bentley on 30 Sep 2021
  • Ground beef.
  • #13 by ylr on 30 Sep 2021
  • I know that it's not the most healthy option, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned salt.
  • #14 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Sep 2021
  • I know that it's not the most healthy option, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned salt.

I never add salt to something I am eating. I eat too many things that are too high in salt already.  Now, black pepper is a different story.  I usually crack some fresh flakes on just about everything.
  • #15 by Darwin on 30 Sep 2021
  • Cheese, chiles and garlic
Pages:
Actions