Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shredded beef chuck air fryer taquitos  (Read 337 times)

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
Shredded beef chuck air fryer taquitos
« on: October 06, 2021, 12:55:21 AM »

Three weeks ago I made air fryer taquitos with smoked and shredded pork butt as described in the post below.

https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=6919.0

Today, I made them using smoked and shredded beef chuck. Beef chuck is certainly easier. It takes me about 8 1/2 hours, which is far less than a pork butt.

This time I used the standard sized corn tortillas. I was able to do eight at once. At 375 degrees it took 8 minutes for a crispy light brown in the air fryer.

The guacamole used the recipe which I described in the pork butt thread.

It is difficult to tell which is best. Both pork and beef are good. I made some pork a couple of days ago using the regular sized tortillas with some shredded pork I had frozen from last time.

Taquitos have definitely become a keeper menu item when we make pulled meat.

I definitely have the routine down now. These are not rolled taquitos with a small amount of meat. I load them up and then fold the tortilla over the top from both sides, and pin it down with a couple of toothpicks.

They stay together nicely after the toothpicks are pulled. I have seen Chronic Taco make taquitos in a deep fryer. They roll them but also pin then with toothpicks.

Here are some pictures. I will eventually have to try chicken. I'm not sure when that will be. My next cook will probably be turkey breast.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 01:20:44 AM by Hank D Thoreau »

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
Re: Shredded beef chuck air fryer taquitos
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 08:21:46 AM »

That looks great, Do you put anything in with the meat or just the seasoning/rub from before the smoke?

cut your pork but in to about the same size thickness as your chuck roast, it should cut the cook time down a good bit. I do 1 to 1.5" pork steaks in 3ish hours usually

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
Re: Shredded beef chuck air fryer taquitos
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 01:10:01 PM »

I use a fine rub, usually a Santa Maria blend, covered by a course "rock salt" type rub. That's all I do. I do not spice the meat. I have always been a minimalist when it comes to Mexican food.

I prefer to add flavor with the hot sauce rather than adding spice to the meat.

I like the layers of pure flavors rather than homogenous blends. So I don't use seasoning packets or homemade blends for things like taco meat. I think this allows the individual flavors to shine.

That is just my personal taste.

I'll need to look at cutting pork butts to see if I can save time. Thanks for the suggestion.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 01:17:31 PM by Hank D Thoreau »
Pages: [1]   Go Up