Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Smoker Ideas?  (Read 852 times)

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
Re: New Smoker Ideas?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2021, 08:03:05 PM »

Gotcha.  Sounds like a rotisserie does the job better for you.  Someone on here converted a MAK to use a rotisserie at one point.  I'm guessing pellet grill mfg don't want to deal with a second source for electric or an additional place for smoke (and air) to escape which may potentially cause issues with their algorithms for the controller temps.  Looking forward to hearing and seeing what you end up with and how you make the rotisserie work on it.

When not using my rotisserie I removed the motor and used washers and nuts to plug the holes for the spit and motor bracket.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2021, 08:02:43 PM »

After doing more researching I think I will go with a Smokin Brothers Premier Plus 30.  This is about 300 sq. in. bigger than my GMG DB, it is rotisserie capable and it is made in the USA in Missouri.  There is a dealer about 50 miles away from me in Missouri.

Brushpopper

• "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2021, 08:05:50 AM »

After doing more researching I think I will go with a Smokin Brothers Premier Plus 30.  This is about 300 sq. in. bigger than my GMG DB, it is rotisserie capable and it is made in the USA in Missouri.  There is a dealer about 50 miles away from me in Missouri.

An excellent choice in my opinion.  I've never seen one but they look like great grills.  :clap:
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 05:36:11 PM »

I ordered a Smokin Brothers Premier Plus 36 today.  I now need to sell my Traeger Junior and GMG DB being this one will be big enough that I don't have to use both of them on holidays.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2021, 05:58:42 PM »

I ordered a Smokin Brothers Premier Plus 36 today.  I now need to sell my Traeger Junior and GMG DB being this one will be big enough that I don't have to use both of them on holidays.

If you can afford it and have the space, I would recommend keeping one.  I can't tell you how many times I've had a pellet jam, grease fire, dirty grill, dead igniter, etc. and had a spare grill to keep cooking until I got around to repairing or cleaning the other one.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up