Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by yorkdude on 28 Jul 2021
  • Nowhere scientific but I “kinda retired”. A good buddy of mine knew that I did and he knows my hobbies etc. Anyway I now work on golf carts, about 50% repair but in 7 months we are growing a great book of biz building carts unique and what the customer envisions. Reason I chimed in on mice is because seems everyday a repair will come in and the wiring is decimated. They are now in the shop. I have found them migrating into FRESH territory, can’t have that. So I tried everything for bait. Canned cheese seems to be “ top of the food chain”. Just my observation but if you could eat them, I could have free lunch a couple times a week. P.S.99% of the carts are not used for golfing, they are used as one would use a side by side. They see fields, barns, sheds etc.
  • #2 by Bentley on 28 Jul 2021
  • I know who to call when I have trouble with the G-29 now...Sweet!
  • #3 by yorkdude on 29 Jul 2021
  • I know who to call when I have trouble with the G-29 now...Sweet!
    Gas or electric?
  • #4 by yorkdude on 08 Oct 2021
  • Just got this one home to final detail it.
    A customer ordered it and I just finished it. 6” a-arm lift, 23” tires, leather front and rear seats (real leather), carbon fiber floor mat. Madjax parts. Played with the motor with a different piston and bored with some headwork. From 11 hp to 18, gobs of torque and calmed that down with some higher speed gears.
    Body off and painted it “plum crazy”, it is crazy cool the colors- purple, orange, green, blue ad nauseum. So many color changes if it or you are moving. The black top for it is going to be 84” and it is on the slow boat from you know where.
    Started life as a 2015 Yamaha, white and 1 of 35 from a fleet we bought.
    The white one is one of ours, it is from the same fleet. My poor wife BEGS me to doll one of them up….winter projects I keep telling her.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 08 Oct 2021
  • Nice work.

I have never been around them, we rented one for driving around a little zoo, I got in and started up through the paths and well it didn't work out so well. My knees don't bend very well, so being all cramped up I wasn't able to get the brake, I didn't hit anything but I left her drive. She thinks we need one for some reason. The one we had was electric.

What is under them, how hard would it be to split it right in front of the seat or right behind the front wheels and add in maybe 10" or so?  We would be going back to the old Mopar color of Plum Crazy Purple also for her if we did one.
  • #6 by yorkdude on 08 Oct 2021
  • Nice work.

I have never been around them, we rented one for driving around a little zoo, I got in and started up through the paths and well it didn't work out so well. My knees don't bend very well, so being all cramped up I wasn't able to get the brake, I didn't hit anything but I left her drive. She thinks we need one for some reason. The one we had was electric.

What is under them, how hard would it be to split it right in front of the seat or right behind the front wheels and add in maybe 10" or so?  We would be going back to the old Mopar color of Plum Crazy Purple also for her if we did one.
    Depends what mfgr. as to what is underneath them structurally.
    Yamaha is steel frame, club car aluminum, ez-go aluminum as well.
    I have cut 3 in half basically and added another row of forward seats but with a mfgr kit. 4 people sit forward and I installed back facing rear seats. Total of 6.
    Having said that, it would not in anyway increase driver leg room.
    If I were to undertake it, I would start with electric (much easier to lengthen wiring than cables for gas). It would however require superior welding skills (frame work) and fabrication skills for the floorboard. If I may, is it your knees only that make it difficult to access the pedals? I am currently just starting to research hand controls (stick controls are available and a joke) for a Customer whose wife has M.S.
    Long winded but if you can sit comfortably without pedal utilization I am confident that is doable, I am early stages of that process.
  • #7 by Bentley on 08 Oct 2021
  • Not sure how I missed this!  Electric.

After getting the cart (we believe a 2011) in 2016 with original batteries, we replaced them in late 2018 with new lead/acid.  They lasted a dissapointing 18 months.  So decided to go lithium in 2020.  More power and much longer range with them.

That is a nice cart!

I know who to call when I have trouble with the G-29 now...Sweet!
    Gas or electric?
  • #8 by yorkdude on 08 Oct 2021
  • Not sure how I missed this!  Electric.

After getting the cart (we believe a 2011) in 2016 with original batteries, we replaced them in late 2018 with new lead/acid.  They lasted a dissapointing 18 months.  So decided to go lithium in 2020.  More power and much longer range with them.

That is a nice cart!

I know who to call when I have trouble with the G-29 now...Sweet!
    Gas or electric?
    Nicely done on the lithium. 18 months? Yikes!
    When I redo battery carts I prefer Trojan but they are a hard sell for most, otherwise Interstate for lead acid. Lithium is the way to go but also a hard sell on the retail end because of different charger etc.
  • #9 by Bentley on 08 Oct 2021
  • Yeah, hard to have to shell out an other $400 on a new charger, but it should last awhile.  We probably should have gone with the Trojan the 1st time, they were like $1200, but the shop said hey this $900 set is just as good.  When I call to tell them they wont hold a charge they tell me, well they only had an 18 moth warranty.  After that I was done with conventional batteries!  The lithium is a RoyPow 51v.  Hope we did not get sold another bill of goods?  It charges in like 2 1/2 hours, is supposed to last 10 years or 3500 charges, and is supposed to have a 5 year warranty.  We can go about 3 days use before it has to be charged.  That never happened with the acid.

Let me ask you...if you know.  When not in use, should we always have it plugged in?  Whether fully charged or not.
  • #10 by yorkdude on 09 Oct 2021
  • You should always charge your batteries after every use no matter how much you use it. Furthermore, you should not exceed 5 hours of continous use without recharging (think round of golf). I also dont recommend leaving it on a constant charge, while in theory it should be okay, things happen and the circuit breaker in the charger can and do fail although rarely and that spells disaster for the batteries. One last thing, it is VERY important to keep all connections very clean and tight, whether lead acid or lithium. I cant tell you how many times that has been an expensive lesson that customers learn. I use a protectant/sealer from Club Car on every terminal after they have been thoroughly cleaned and tightened. Any good sealer is fine, I just use Club Car.
  • #11 by yorkdude on 09 Oct 2021
  • A couple of others.
  • #12 by BigDave83 on 09 Oct 2021
  • I like the mustang. My first car was a 66 fastback. It is great having a lift at home, when I bought my place, it had a center post in, I found a used wheeltronics alignment lift and put in. I don't use it much, but it is great to have when you want to work on something.
  • #13 by yorkdude on 09 Oct 2021
  • I like the mustang. My first car was a 66 fastback. It is great having a lift at home, when I bought my place, it had a center post in, I found a used wheeltronics alignment lift and put in. I don't use it much, but it is great to have when you want to work on something.
    Love old mustangs. Hard to do a fastback because of the back end. When they asked me to build this one I jumped at the chance. Hard to imagine but the body starts @ $3,000.00 retail, opening trunk and hood? Add$500.00. Oh you want it painted? Add? I didn’t pay that much for the parts but it was still quite expensive. It started life as a 2004 Club Car. They said “just do it”, they didn’t care what it cost, those were their words! I spun up this motor also and high speed gears. It is a tad (just a tad) sluggish out of the chute but boy howdy, honest 37-39 mph. Scary actually but it drives straighter than a lead launch from a high powered rifle.
  • #14 by Bentley on 09 Oct 2021
  • I sure as xxxx would not want to go 35 mph in my cart! 19 is fast enough!
  • #15 by yorkdude on 09 Oct 2021
  • I sure as xxxx would not want to go 35 mph in my cart! 19 is fast enough!
    Nuff said, it really scares me and I built it. When it finds itself….boy howdy and you are about 10 inches from asphalt.
    The Club car RXV’s can sure scoot also, fastest stock cart I have ever driven.
Pages:
Actions