Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by yorkdude on 10 Oct 2021
  • Went Christmas shopping for the Grandgirls at Sams.
    We were not going to “stock up”. That changed when we got there though. Zero toilet paper, not any size or brand. Paper towels, 1 choice and only 1 choice, additionally, 1 per member.
    So we walked the aisles, canned goods, rice, soups etc. hen and peck.
    Meat case annhiliated and crazy expensive.
    At 10:00 when we got there a line.
    Toys, wiped out.
    Please tell me this isn’t everywhere, please.
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 10 Oct 2021
  • I was doing some very limited shopping in Costco in Fredericksburg this week.  Was not shopping for the stuff you were yorkdude, but lots of stuff in frozen food isle, butter milk, coffee, all sorts of canned goods and oils, nuts etc.  Store was not overly crowded.  No shortage of TP or paper goods or meats at my local grocer, but meat is very expensive.  Have no idea what the toy situation is.
  • #3 by TravlinMan on 10 Oct 2021
  • Similar observations here in SW Michigan.

Was doing a little shopping in Kalamazoo, and hit both the Costco and Sams Club. 

The toilet paper was wiped out(pardon pun) at Sams, and just a couple of partial skids of Charmin @ Costco (limit 1) - No Costco brand.

Paper towels pretty well thinned out @ both - but still some left.

The Costco walk in cooler was also about half filled from normal time, and both stores also seemed busier than usual for a Sunday.

Wife still managed to fill the little car - like usual.

Good exercise carrying it in the house..

To steal a line from 'Bill and Ted' - 'Strange things are a foot at the Circle K'

:bbq:
  • #4 by GREG-B on 10 Oct 2021
  • Wife was in Ikea the other day and she said there were empty bins all over the store.  We were in Costco today and didn't see anything unusual although we didn't go to the meat dept.  Everything looked normal.  Busier than usual but then, we don't as a habit go into Costco on the weekends.  ???
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 10 Oct 2021
  • Costco has also hired their own ships to get their merchandise from Asia to the USA giving them a little bit more control over their supply chain than some other retailers.

Sam's also is one of the first out with a holiday ad flyer that was mailed to all of their members which based on my history shopping there turns their stores into Black Friday for every new day that items go on sale.  Their flyer has different sale dates for different items so you will see this happening until Christmas there IMO.
  • #6 by BigDave83 on 11 Oct 2021
  • I also would like to stock up on some supplies for winter. I had checked the  2 Sams we go to most of the time, Looking for TP, PT, kleenex
    and bottled water. Neither had everything, one had water only and one had none of any of it in the Members mark brands. Seems like there are stores that are close 2 hour drive that has stock, so if I want these items I may end up taking a drive.

Odd thing on the water, I looked one evening because we had thought about going the next day, the next morning it was out of stock, but they still had it for sale by the skid.
  • #7 by urnmor on 11 Oct 2021
  • Boy was I shocked when my store was out of heavy cream.
  • #8 by yorkdude on 11 Oct 2021
  • This will sound really bad and I get it…….but we went home unloaded the Sams haul and went to Dillons. Bought 3 of the largest tp they had and 3 of the largest paper towels. I truly hate to be “that guy” but I aint using socks or shirts for the more private times.
    Our daughters family were with us @Sams, they are both creative cooks. Last night when we talked after shopping she told us the spice, bouillion, seasoning stuff was WAY low also?
  • #9 by ICIdaho on 11 Oct 2021
  • All toilet paper was gone at Costco in my area of PNW, couple packages of paper towels left.  All other things appeared to be stocked.
  • #10 by Canadian John on 11 Oct 2021

•  Doesn't sound good..Looks like a repeat of the beginning of Covid. I was hoping things would be getting better.. At times I am finding the new

norm' hard to get used to..  On the bright side; it could always be worse.
  • #11 by 02ebz06 on 11 Oct 2021
  • All toilet paper was gone at Costco in my area of PNW, couple packages of paper towels left.  All other things appeared to be stocked.

Haven't been in the store recently, but I just ordered a large box (36 rolls I think) from Costco online with no problem.
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 11 Oct 2021
  • I will confess that I stocked up on TP, paper towels, napkins, kleenex and paper plates about a month ago in advance of this issue.
  • #13 by BigDave83 on 11 Oct 2021
  • I will confess that I stocked up on TP, paper towels, napkins, kleenex and paper plates about a month ago in advance of this issue.

I am now wishing I would have. I try to every year so I don't have to mess with some stuff through the winter.
  • #14 by hughver on 12 Oct 2021

I did the same thing.
  • #15 by urnmor on 12 Oct 2021
  • Has anyone tried buying spices? It seems to be hit or miss
Pages:
Actions