Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by WiPelletHead on 14 Oct 2021
  • #2 by ylr on 14 Oct 2021
  • Looks like a lot of marketing, to me. Simple Chinese construction with accent colors, and 100% Applewood pellets, that's it. Corporate address is at a strip mall in Katy, TX.
  • #3 by TravlinMan on 14 Oct 2021
  • Just looked at them.  Too me, they appear very similar to the Dansons (Thiessen family) line of grills over the years. A combination or mix of their Louisiana Grills, Pit Boss, and Country Smoker lines.  Even the literature from the manuals look like they used the same template and background pictures and sayings from my 2015ish Louisiana Grill - 8-in one etc...

This could either be Dansons coming out with another 'entry level' unit or their 'Chinese Manufacturer' expanding to other marketers.

Their operator manuals list their company HQ at:
    Asmoke USA LLC
    72 Three Rivers Dr
    Newark, DE 19702

I am not knocking these units or this company, it appears they come from a tried and proven design, just in another wrapper.

For the money - Likely a good value.  New and innovative?  or just making good use of older designs(machinery and parts) then re-wrap them under a new name.

You be the Judge.
  • #4 by BigDave83 on 14 Oct 2021
  • these were on one of the crowdfunding site a couple years back I believe. They have been around for maybe 2 years? Time flies by for me and sometimes seems like it doesn't move at all.
  • #5 by pmillen on 15 Oct 2021
  • If I were a manufacturer offering 100% hickory or apple pellets I would object to their web site stating that, "We Have Yet To See A Brand Utilize 100% Pure Mesquite, Hickory Or Applewood.  ...  Every Brand Out There Utilizes A Hardwood Blend Containing Only A Small Percentage Of The Actual Wood That Provides The Core Flavor Behind The Pellets."

EDIT:  Expanded the quotation,
Pages:
Actions