Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by hughver on 21 Oct 2021
  • Today I had to make a decision that I was not looking forward to. I've owned a boat since high school, now, due to physicals limitations,  I'm selling Lady C. here is a look at her. Already have a full price offer. https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/1996-bayliner-3988-command-bridge-8075072/
  • #2 by urnmor on 21 Oct 2021
  • Two points:   first growing old certainly beats the alternative and as for selling your boat at least you are selling it at a good time.  I keep thinking about selling mine however I can't part with it yet. Keep safe .
  • #3 by Bentley on 21 Oct 2021
  • Good looking vessel.  Another notch in life.  Glad you have good offers on it!
  • #4 by SmokinHandyman on 21 Oct 2021
  • I wish I had a boat like that to sell
  • #5 by yorkdude on 21 Oct 2021
  • Amazing boat, glad the offer is what you sought.
    Yep, getting old can often times leave lots to be desired but it also comes with perks, we try to focus on the perks.
  • #6 by Canadian John on 21 Oct 2021

•  I can most definitely relate to getting old. My antique body is telling me so. 

As for Lady C: she is a beauty. Anyone would be ecstatic to have her.

• #7 by Bentley on 21 Oct 2021
  • Can you put something like a DirecTV dish on a boat like this or is there simply to much movement even docked to pick up a signal? Marina's don't have hook ups like RV parks do they?
  • #8 by hughver on 22 Oct 2021
  • Can you put something like a DirecTV dish on a boat like this or is there simply to much movement even docked to pick up a signal? Marina's don't have hook ups like RV parks do they?

It has a satellite antenna that tracks while you are underway. the round dome above the radar is the satellite antenna. As you can see, it's an old boat that I've equipped with all of the whistles and bells. 
  • #9 by yorkdude on 22 Oct 2021
  • Like you we have always owned boats although vastly different than yours. 30+ years of flat bottoms or 2 hydros, 18-19’ and big block chevrolet motors. Think Sanger and Kurtis Kraft. Reason I say that is those boats barely tolerate waves above 8-10” and are built to minimize their agility, meaning they are tricky to turn. Wondering what type of sea these can safely navigate? It truly has outstanding reviews. Lastly if you dont mind, how far offshore have you ventured?
  • #10 by hughver on 22 Oct 2021
  • I've had her in 10' seas. I don't venture very far off shore, mostly in the Puget Sound or the Canadian Gulf Islands (east of Vancouver Island). I typically put 800-100NM on the boat/year (~100hours). Unless I'm in a hurry, which is almost never, I cruise the boat at ~8K's. I do very little fishing (tough to fish and run boat this size at the same time and wife does not like/won't  drive while I fish.) but tons of crabbing from the tender (dinghy). Most of my fishing is for Salmon, which requires down riggers that the tender will not accommodate.
  • #11 by 02ebz06 on 22 Oct 2021
  • You are right about getting old.
    Last night the wife said "let's go upstairs and have sex"
    I replied "pick one, I can't do both"
  • #12 by hughver on 22 Oct 2021
  • when your really old you can't do either. ;D
  • #13 by urnmor on 23 Oct 2021
  • You are right about getting old.
    Last night the wife said "let's go upstairs and have sex"
    I replied "pick one, I can't do both"

Fortunately We live all on one floor  :clap:
  • #14 by hughver on 23 Oct 2021
  • Fortunately We live all on one floor  :clap:

so do we
  • #15 by Hank D Thoreau on 25 Oct 2021
  • As someone who is 66 and still climbing mountains, I am working under a clear sense of urgency. Every year represents a large proportion of the active years I have left. As such, my saying has been, "Today is the best day I have left".

I seem to spend a lot of my time in physical therapy working on recovery from the things I do to myself.
Pages:
Actions