Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by hughver on 29 Nov 2021
  • Signed the final papers today, it should close this week. the survey discrepancies were minor and readily   able to be fixed.  :'(
  • #17 by Bentley on 29 Nov 2021
  • Now full time In the Land of the Sun?
  • #18 by hughver on 29 Nov 2021
  • Now full time In the Land of the Sun?

Yup. I'm a trees/water/mountain type of guy but this sand/hill/cactus environment isn't all bad. summer heat is the major drawback. But 300+ days of sunshine somewhat offsets negatives. You play with the hand that you are dealt.  ;D
  • #19 by Canadian John on 30 Nov 2021

•  It's good to see things are coming together.. I would love to be back in ARIZONA. I have many fond memories of Phoenix and the desert.
  • #20 by urnmor on 30 Nov 2021
  • Congratulations

• #21 by Darwin on 30 Nov 2021
  • Congrats Hughver  :clap:

John, 6+ months of real summer gets old!    Today is going to be sunny and 81°  This is the time we really love it here.
  • #22 by JoeGrilling on 30 Nov 2021
  • Beautiful boat Hughver.  I once owned a 25 ft boat and trailer while in grad school.  It was a wreck when I bought it and spend a summer refurbishing it.  We used it on the SF Bay for fishing.  This boat was endless maintenance.  I finally sold it after a couple of year.  For me the old saying about two best days of boat ownership was true...the first day and the last day.     
  • #23 by reubenray on 01 Dec 2021
  • Today I had to make a decision that I was not looking forward to. I've owned a boat since high school, now, due to physicals limitations,  I'm selling Lady C. here is a look at her. Already have a full price offer. https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/1996-bayliner-3988-command-bridge-8075072/

I understand completely.  This is why I sold my 40' motorhome a few months ago.  The aches and pains of sitting for hours while driving plus doing the setting up and down wore on my body.  But part of my decision was I was making some mental mistakes while driving which was very dangerous with a 20 ton vehicle.  I got $20,000 less than what I paid for it 6 years ago.  I was told that I could have got more, but I was ready to sell.
  • #24 by Bentley on 01 Dec 2021
  • Always curious about this.  For what and was it back of the boat trolling, or downriggers, casting, jigging?  Live or artificial bait?

We used it on the SF Bay for fishing.   
  • #25 by JoeGrilling on 01 Dec 2021
  • We used live bait.  We went out in the winter because the bay is calmer then.  We never got a bite.  I had more luck fishing off the Berkeley pier in the warmer months.
Pages:
Actions