Accessories & Essentials > Equipment -- grill grates, grill mats, brushes, covers, tongs, etc.

Egg Rings

(1/3) > >>

Chris__M:
You wouldn't think anyone would get excited over egg rings, but then again, you don't live in the United Kingdom! :D

I've been playing with cooking stuff on the cast iron griddle that came with my new grill; more recently, as it has been wet, I've been playing with the cooking methods on a smaller scale using a 13" electric griddle (actually a cheap crepe maker, but it does at a pinch).

Anyway, I already had a set of 3 egg rings, in different (small) sizes, and they were fine. But when I tried to get something omelette sized (6-8"), I had nothing but trouble. I'd order a set including a large ring, and when it arrived it wouldn't even sit evenly on a flat surface. So two orders have both gone back for refunds.

In the end, I had to order directly from the States. I knew what I wanted, but despite searching, no-one stocks them here. So I ended up paying for the item, postage and customs/duty.

But they are here now, and I am delighted. 3 square egg rings and 3 round egg rings and an 8" omelette ring. The smaller rings in silicone, the larger in steel.

I cooked an 8" omelette for lunch, and the ring performed perfectly. A tiny amount of seepage on one side, which immediately sealed itself. Unlike the rejected rings which had visible gaps on 2 sides.

By a little company called Blackstone, which is why I suspected they would be good.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

02ebz06:
The square ones would be nice if you want to make an egg sandwich.

I see "Silicone" on the packaging.  Are the rings solid silicone ?

Darwin:
Chris thanks for this and helping me spend money. I always make square biscuits and I have never seen a square egg mold.  Next up on the list is square bags and breakfast sausage.   :clap:

Bentley:
I got some round ones off of Amazon.

BigDave83:

--- Quote from: Bentley on November 03, 2021, 08:36:13 PM ---I got some round ones off of Amazon.

--- End quote ---

I have some of these also. They were much cheaper than the BS ones. I broke down and bought the BS rings. I better product and easier to clean to me.

If you want a good omelet ring, the silicone seal out of your instant pot, or I use the outside of a springform pan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View