Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 08 Nov 2021
  • Please remove if this is offensive to anyone.

• #2 by dk117 on 08 Nov 2021
  • I found that quite entertaining.   My thought process is that over the history of mankind, every single burial site is ultimately desecrated.   In this case, it's not forever.  Cremation seems to be the logical choice. 

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

DK
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 08 Nov 2021
  • Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

My reason is it's cheaper.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Nov 2021

From what I have heard, it is almost the same price as a burial nowadays as more people have been making that choice.
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 08 Nov 2021
  • From what I have heard, it is almost the same price as a burial nowadays as more people have been making that choice.

You can get a casket/cemetery plot, and burial for less than a grand?
    In Texas I had seen cremations advertised for $750, here I have seen ads for $1000.
  • #6 by yorkdude on 08 Nov 2021

From what I have heard, it is almost the same price as a burial nowadays as more people have been making that choice.
    About $2,000 here with no viewing etc. etc. etc.
    This is already our direction in writing (will) as well as to our kids.
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Nov 2021
  • From what I have heard, it is almost the same price as a burial nowadays as more people have been making that choice.

In Texas I had seen cremations advertised for $750, here I have seen ads for $1000.

Not in PA.  Most funerals with viewings, services, etc. are in the $5k+ range.
  • #8 by BigDave83 on 09 Nov 2021

Not in PA.  Most funerals with viewings, services, etc. are in the $5k+ range.

Man died in 99 I think it was close 6K then, Woman died in 08 and asked the funeral home to do the same as for him, it was closer to 8K then. I think we did have 2 nights viewing and we didn't go with the cheapest casket or vault. We had cemetery plots already.
  • #9 by Bentley on 09 Nov 2021
  • I think Moms cremation in 2015 was just shy of $2000.  But that was just burn her up and give us the ashes!
  • #10 by Darwin on 09 Nov 2021
  • I saw a billboard advertising cremation for $750 a couple years back.
  • #11 by Fat Freddy on 10 Nov 2021
  • I have 6 more payments on my prepaid plan. My plan cost was $5000. While I had to pick out certain things for the prepaid, I sure hope the wife and kids are smart and go for as little cost as possible. My cemetery plot cost $50 so I told kids to dig the whole throw me in and covering me up. That didnt go over very well with my daughter.
  • #12 by reubenray on 10 Nov 2021
  • I tell my wife to burn me, bottle me and then toss me.  She did not like that comment.
  • #13 by 02ebz06 on 10 Nov 2021
  • I tell my wife to burn me, bottle me and then toss me.  She did not like that comment.

Same here, cremation and then into the trash. My ashes are of no use to anyone, unless you want to fertilize plants with them.
    Wife wasn't too happy with that suggestion either.
  • #14 by Bentley on 10 Nov 2021
  • Yeah, I have no use for my body when I am dead.  This clip is just about the way I feel.  Go to 1:19 to skip the rest.

Klingon's Attitude towards Death
  • #15 by hughver on 11 Nov 2021
  • This subject is close to my heart since in ten minutes I'm off to get a pace maker installed   :clap:
Pages:
Actions