Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ninja Foodi FD401  (Read 373 times)

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
Ninja Foodi FD401
« on: November 14, 2021, 03:07:25 PM »

Anybody have one of these ?
A friend convinced me it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, so I bought one.
One more thing to go in my appliance closet.  ::)
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Ninja Foodi FD401
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 05:17:27 PM »

Is that one of their blenders?  About the only Ninja product I know.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Fire708

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Shelton!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 07:19:38 PM »

I looked at one and ended up getting an instant pot instead. I didn’t like how the air fryer lid doesn’t detach when you use the pressure cooker or how big the dang thing is. I love my instant pot though! Has a sour vide setting that works wonderful. They also have some that have an air fryer lid so you can do both.
We got rid of our rice cooker, crock pot, and stove top pressure cooker and replaced them with one thing.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 08:54:29 PM »

I have instant pots also. My cousin has something similar to what you bought made by Power XL it is some sort of 12 in one cooker. She uses it all the time and loves it. It is a big unit though.

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 12:33:12 AM »

I bought one as a Christmas present for my wife two years ago.  She used it once and it collected dust.  Then my oldest daughter came to visit for a month while moving from NY to FL.  She used it everyday.  I got her one for Christmas last year and she even takes it camping.  My wife watched my daughter using it and now uses it almost everyday. She mostly uses it mostly for air frying chicken and vegetables like asparagus and brussel sprouts.  However, the thing she likes most about it is using it for homemade chicken soup.  We will buy a Costco rotisserie chicken and have it for maybe two meals.  She then use the remainder for the soup.  It only takes a few hours using the pressure cooker.

The thing I like most about this model is it is easy to clean.  All of the cooking parts are nonstick.  It only takes a few minutes to clean.

Ninja makes another air fryer SP101.  I bought it because it gave us another air fryer and can replace the existing toaster.  It tilts up and doesn't take up much more counter room than the toaster it replaced.  Great idea but it is a bear to clean.  We only use it for tater tots and french frys.       

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 07:34:56 AM »

I got on for my wife's birthday a couple of years ago.  She was scared of it at first so I had to use it.  Once she figured out it wasn't hard to use she loves it.  We use it three or four times a week.  I'll put it up in the cabinet and then have to get it out the next day.  It is very easy to clean and it makes great fries and frozen chicken strips.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 10:55:46 AM »

Is that one of their blenders?  About the only Ninja product I know.

It does a boat load of stuff:
12 functions: Pressure Cook, Air Fry/Air Crisp, Steam, Slow Cook, Yogurt, Sear/Sauté, Bake/Roast, Broil, Dehydrate, Sous Vide, Reheat, Keep Warm

==============================================================================================================

The thing I like most about this model is it is easy to clean.  All of the cooking parts are nonstick.  It only takes a few minutes to clean.

That is what my friend said - really easy to clean.

==============================================================================================================

Thanks all for the replies.  Sounds like it is a decent product.
I like that you can just put frozen stuff right into it without having to thaw first.

With all it does, I'll have to figure out what to try first...
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven
Pages: [1]   Go Up