Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by GREG-B on 27 Nov 2021
  • Went thru LAX today and needed something to eat on the plane, there was a Jersey Mikes there.  First time I have eaten one.  I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of meat on it.  Better than most.
  • #17 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Mar 2022
  • March 30, 2022 day of giving for Special Olympics

https://www.jerseymikes.com/news/celebrate-jersey-mikes-12th-annual-month-of-giving-in-march

Bentley, you can remove if link is not OK to post.
  • #18 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Mar 2022
  • Hey friends!  Tomorrow, March 30, Jersey Mike's is donating every cent made to the USA special Olympics.  Not just the profit, but all money it takes in at all stores.  What a generous thing to do!!!  Please consider buying something from them if you are close to any of their stores.

https://www.jerseymikes.com/
  • #19 by BigDave83 on 29 Mar 2022
  • Have never tried them, be a great day to do it. I thought I saw one somewhere on Saturday. 45 minute drive maybe.
  • #20 by 02ebz06 on 29 Mar 2022
  • I got to thinking about this, and since those stores are franchises, I doubt every one would be doing it.
    Would take a wealthy owner to pay all the expenses for a day with no income for that day.

I had a neighbor in Delaware that owned Dunkin Donuts stores.
    He made vary little money when he started with the first one.
    I think he has 5 now.
    The corporation pressures owners to own 5 so they make a decent living and would be less likely to go out of business.
    If a store shuts down, the corporation loses money, as the owners have to buy everything from them.
    Every 10 years they have to do a facelift on the outside of the stores at owners expense.

I suspect other franchises are like that an not big moneymakers.

:2cents:
  • #21 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Mar 2022
  • I think i will order a sub for lunch tomorrow and see if I can get it delivered.
  • #22 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Mar 2022
  • I got to thinking about this, and since those stores are franchises, I doubt every one would be doing it.
    Would take a wealthy owner to pay all the expenses for a day with no income for that day.

I think he has 5 now.
    The corporation pressures owners to own 5 so they make a decent living and would be less likely to go out of business.
    If a store shuts down, the corporation loses money, as the owners have to buy everything from them.
    Every 10 years they have to do a facelift on the outside of the stores at owners expense.

I don't know, sounds like they are all participating.  $10 million is a lot to give. They apparently gave $15 million last year.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/wednesday-march-30-jersey-mikes-113800705.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
  • #23 by hughver on 29 Mar 2022
  •  while back I tried one of their cold subs, it was very good but would have been much better toasted. Will they toast a cold Sub?
  • #24 by 02ebz06 on 29 Mar 2022

I think he has 5 now.

I don't know, sounds like they are all participating.  $10 million is a lot to give. They apparently gave $15 million last year.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/wednesday-march-30-jersey-mikes-113800705.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

I'm guessing the corporation would have to be doing it, just don't see individual owners being able to afford it.
    Independent business were hurt a lot with the covid forced shutdowns.

• #25 by Free Mr. Tony on 29 Mar 2022

I think he has 5 now.

I'm guessing the corporation would have to be doing it, just don't see individual owners being able to afford it.
    Independent business were hurt a lot with the covid forced shutdowns.

I would assume that this is the case. Just the corp picking up the tab for the day.

Subway, back in the day, was sort of similar to your Dunkin scenario. Subway now gets alot of backlash as a franchise, but in the mid 90s is was the hottest franchise to get into.

I worked at one for 3 years or so in highschool (only went through 2 armed robberies so not bad). The owner owned about 10 of them. He said, per store, you don't make much. If I remember correctly, he profited about 10k a year on the good stores and 7k or so on the lesser one. Probably made 80 to 100k with having 10 stores. Decent living but alot of stores to make that. It didn't help that his wife was addicted to gambling. I would bet most of their profits made their way to cherry masters and pulltabs.
  • #26 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Mar 2022
  • Placed order on my phone at 4:45pm and scheduled for a 6pm pickup.  Arrived at store at 5:50pm and could hardly get in the door.  The line for people waiting to place orders had to be 20+ people easily.  I walked to the rack and grabbed the bag with my name on it.  Was in and out of the store in a minute or less.  Those folks in line were going to be there for at least 30 minutes.  Not sure when my sandwich was finished, but it sure tasted great when I got back home.

I hope you didn't have to wait in line too long. 
  • #27 by JoeGrilling on 31 Mar 2022
  • I bought two subs there yesterday.  There was no line at my store at 3:45PM.  They brought in extra staff to handle  the uptick in business.  The store manager said they had been pretty busy all day.  My son's company in Houston bought subs for everyone in the office.   
Pages:
Actions