Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Food Processors?  (Read 348 times)

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
Food Processors?
« on: November 22, 2021, 08:22:58 PM »

I dug my old one out today to shred my cheese for the lasagna. Hamilton Beach, probably 20 years old or more. Well it was not happy shredding 7.5 pound of cheese. So it may be time to start looking for a new one.

Any input? I really don't use one that often.But it is nice to have one when I need one.

I have a Vitamix and I have an old Ninja with the motor that sits on top. It gets used for most things, as it has a small bowl.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: Food Processors?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 08:36:22 PM »

I have a Cuisinart Elite Collection 14-Cup Food Processor.  It cuts and chops like the food exploded.  I think it's a fairly good one, but I confess that I've had it for several years, don't use it often and have not used another brand.

Frankly, it scares me a little because of the violent nature of the way it gets the job done.

This is one of the videos that sold me on it.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

urnmor

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 09:26:42 PM »

Vitamix has a food processor that works on my machine you might want to look on their site to see if they have one for your machine.

1MoreFord

• Using less gas.
  • Central Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 02:49:04 AM »

I've never been able to make myself pull the trigger on one but when I do it will be one of the Magimix units.  They are the original manufacturers of food processors and from what I can determine still the best.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/search/results.html?words=magimix%20food%20processor
Joe

Falcon Mk V gas grill, OK Joe Longhorn - gone, CharGriller Akorn, Camp Chef SG24, Weber 22" OTG

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 08:52:43 AM »

Vitamix has a food processor that works on my machine you might want to look on their site to see if they have one for your machine.

I looked at them but according to their site it only works with 2 models. I have the Legacy 7500 I believe it is. I guess I could send them an email asking if it would work. I love the Vitamix for things that need a good blending. Makes silky smooth applesauce.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 09:07:21 AM »

I've never been able to make myself pull the trigger on one but when I do it will be one of the Magimix units.  They are the original manufacturers of food processors and from what I can determine still the best.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/search/results.html?words=magimix%20food%20processor

Those are nice I like them,  I see that they really don't have a lot of power/wattage unless you go with the 4200 or 5200. I am the Tim Allen kind of guy when looking for things More Power. I went to Webrestaurant and was looking at the Robot Coupe models and the GF came looking over my shoulder. Her response was, Really? You are not spending that much on a food processor that you never use. She looks at price first, of is her deciding factor. But now I can show her a $300 unit and tell her this is a lot cheaper than the other ones.

I was looking at the Breville units a while back when I had thought about a new one.  The price of them for as much as I use it, was out of balance to me, I should have bought one then they were far cheaper.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 09:49:25 AM »

Kristin just bought one a couple of moths ago after our 40 year old Cuisinart broke, it does work well!

I have a Cuisinart Elite Collection 14-Cup Food Processor. 
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 09:54:57 AM »

We have a Cuisinart as well, not the Elite, a smaller one, but it works well on the rare occasion we use it.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 12:48:11 PM »

I have the same one as Paul and am very satisfied with its performance.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 09:01:52 PM »

My wife and I purchased the original Cuisinart made by Robot Coupe around the late 70's while in graduate school in Berkeley.  I guess the way the story goes a couple of guys saw the Robot Coupe in France and though it would be a hit in the US.  They formed their company and bought rebadged units for the US.  Somewhere along the way both companies parted ways. It lasted for years and we could get blades from Robot Coupe who was then marketing their own units in the US.  We got over 20 years out of the machine.

The quality of the newer Cuisinarts we bought later did not equal our original unit.  We went through at least three or four.  Sometime around the millennium I bought the Robot Coupe R2NCLR for my wife for Christmas.  It was like $700-$800 dollars.  She loved the simplicity of the original Cuisinart/Robot Coupe and is not a big fan of the new unit.  Actually, she didn't like the newer Cuisinarts because the safety features that made them harder for her to use.  She makes me put the R2N together and use it.  I like the fact that we can still get blades for it and it is fast.  I probably would pass on it now considering how much the price has gone up.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up