Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Queball on 02 Oct 2017
  • Scadaf,

Really loving the 2 burner griddle idea. And, as compared to a cast iron pan, there are no sides to deal with and the possibility of getting burned. With Hokiepop's large piece of prime, that would be the perfect ticket for a roast of that size. .... Fantastic! .... Learn something new every day! Thank You.
    • Queball
  • #17 by mowin on 02 Oct 2017
  • I've never had a PR rise 10* when FTC. The IT is too low for it to climb that high. A brisket taken to 205, yes, but not on a low IT of 120’s..
  • #18 by hughver on 02 Oct 2017
  • I agree, the coast is directly proportional to the cook temperature, higher the cook temperature the larger the coast temperature.
  • #19 by pmillen on 02 Oct 2017
  • Probably true, 10° is a bit high.  I think it'll go 8°, though.  That's why I wrote "almost 10°."
  • #20 by Queball on 02 Oct 2017
  • I pulled my PR at 135* and as evidenced by the pictures, it went to 142 degrees and it wasn't in a cambro and it wasn't tented. Paul's 10 degrees could be possible.
    • Queball
  • #21 by Bentley on 02 Oct 2017
  • I agree with higher and longer the heat more carry-over and I could see 10° in a cooler with a towel easy, I have seen it on a counter top!
  • #22 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Oct 2017
  • boy this thread makes me want to cook a prime rib again
Pages:
Actions