Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Which Pit Should I Choose?

What pellet smoker to buy

<< < (2/4) > >>

reubenray:
I recently was in the market for a bigger smoker and I ended up with a SmokinBrothers PP36.  These are made in Missouri and they have a bigger model also.  It cooks different from my Traeger and GMG.  It does not have the temperature swings the other two has.

silverbullet:
Look into the Camp Chef Wood Wind models. You can get them in different sizes. Has a High & low smoke mode that offers 10 different smoke settings.

Stinky1:
Thank you for the Memphis quality update , I’m out . So it’s at the MAK 2 with extra grates or the Lonestar 42 . Does anyone have feed back on the Mak 2 warming box ? If it could reach 185 that might be a great choice for jerky and salmon . Any feed back on the Lonestar Grillz ? Thanks again

glitchy:

--- Quote from: Stinky1 on December 26, 2021, 04:38:41 PM ---Thank you for the Memphis quality update , I’m out . So it’s at the MAK 2 with extra grates or the Lonestar 42 . Does anyone have feed back on the Mak 2 warming box ? If it could reach 185 that might be a great choice for jerky and salmon . Any feed back on the Lonestar Grillz ? Thanks again

--- End quote ---

The warming box usually runs 75-100 degrees below the cook chamber depending on weather. The Smoke setting varies some depending on the weather, but is usually around 180 in the main chamber and the lowest temp setting is 200, so you should be able to dial in the warming box pretty well. I’ve been able to smoke cheese in it when it’s colder outside (like below 60j, but I haven’t used the warming box a lot. Just a couple times.

NorCal Smoker:
I would second looking at the MAK 2 Star. I have owned one since 2011. I upgraded to a new one in 2020. They have since added WiFi standard since I bought my second one, but not something I need. MAK’s are stout. The new ones have much more stainless than my first model. The heat is distributed much more evenly in the newer ones as a result of much better internals than my first one. I don’t have the side smoker box, but am very interested. They are expensive, but worth it in my opinion if price is not an issue.  Best of luck in your search.  There are a lot of good choices out there!  PM sent to you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View