Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worth a shot?  (Read 3008 times)

Greg1

• Using less gas.
Re: Worth a shot?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 04:15:44 PM »

Burn in went well pretty uneventful.  Thought the Ortech did a nice job controlling the temps.  Probably not the smartest thing I have ever done but I have to cook a brisket and 2 shoulders for a family gathering tomorrow.  I think I will see how the traeger does on an overnighter.
Louisiana LG900 Traeger Texas Elite 34 Big Horn SRPG 1093

KrautBurner

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 12:15:29 PM »

Probably not the smartest thing I have ever done but I have to cook a brisket and 2 shoulders for a family gathering tomorrow.  I think I will see how the traeger does on an overnighter.

so,
howd it do?

it's been a year, 
do you still have it?   hows she treating you

do you have any pics after surgery ?
I'm usually cooking on a Traeger BBQ124, Traeger JR BBQ055 (SOLD), Traeger Texas BBQ075 (Father in laws), or a couple of SawTooth grills at my church

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2019, 07:28:07 PM »

My Lil Tex with a full load of pellets tipped and fell while I was pushing it around the porch when brand new.  It resulted in damage to the pellet bin just like you have pictured.  I told Traeger about the accident, and they sent me a brand new hopper box, and after I transferred all the guts and controls, it was like new.  I think if you can find a way to get a decent seal on the lid, and make sure that the auger is still spinning true without friction, it would be a great buy.  You might inquire to see if the current owner can get you a replacement control/hopper box before you buy, (Traeger probably will do for the registered owner???).  Just IMHO.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up