Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 29 Dec 2021
  • Giant blizzard hit New Mexico last night.
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Dec 2021
  • Oh no!!!  Do you need some heavy equipment sent in? :pig:
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Dec 2021
  • Oh no!!!  Do you need some heavy equipment sent in? :pig:

Looks like a large dog could clean that up quickly.
  • #4 by Hank D Thoreau on 29 Dec 2021
  • I thought Rio Rancho was high enough to get snow. We are getting a heavy snow pack in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, but the snow line in the mountains around Los Angeles is remaining pretty high, in the 5,000 foot range.

It may drop a bit in this next storm. I may finally get to use my cross country skis again.

The weirdest place it ever snowed on me was Sea World in San Diego. The weirdest time was July 3 while climbing a mountain in the Sierra Nevada range.

• #5 by 02ebz06 on 29 Dec 2021
  • We get a few inches here once in a while, but disappears quickly.
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Dec 2021
  • I thought Rio Rancho was high enough to get snow. We are getting a heavy snow pack in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, but the snow line in the mountains around Los Angeles is remaining pretty high, in the 5,000 foot range.

It may drop a bit in this next storm. I may finally get to use my cross country skis again.

The weirdest place it ever snowed on me was Sea World in San Diego. The weirdest time was July 3 while climbing a mountain in the Sierra Nevada range.

I remember it snowing in Chula Vista and Tecate, Mexico during the Winter of 2000.  I don't think much if any stuck to the ground though.
  • #7 by Bentley on 05 Jan 2022
  • Well the Great Blizzard of the 2022 has not been as kind. Going into the third day of no power no shower and basically unfavorable living conditions it was about 38 in the bedrooms last night and that's where the raging fire. Woe is me!

• #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Jan 2022
  • Sorry to hear about that Bentley and Kristin.

I hope we didn't have any members stuck on I-95 in Virginia for 24+ hours.

Stay safe out there as Old Man Winter is wreaking havoc already.
  • #9 by 02ebz06 on 05 Jan 2022
  • Well the Great Blizzard of the 2022 has not been as kind. Going into the third day of no power no shower and basically unfavorable living conditions it was about 38 in the bedrooms last night and that's where the raging fire. Woe is me!

WOW, 3 days with no power. That is rough.
    Hope you have pex water lines.

Might want to consider a whole house generator it that happens very often.
  • #10 by Brushpopper on 05 Jan 2022
  • That looks like us last February.  We were able to keep our living room around 60 with the fire roaring.  Luckily we never lost water and we have a gas cooktop so we could cook and heat water to wash dishes.  I was able to keep the fridge and freezer cold with the generator.  I found out the hard way that a propane bottle will freeze up.  That was a situation no one around here was prepared for.  Thanks to ERCOT most of the state had no power.  Hope y'all get things warmed back up soon.
  • #11 by 02ebz06 on 05 Jan 2022
  • Our water comes from a well as I assume Bentley's does, so we would be without water as well with power outage.
    I keep talking about putting the well meter on solar power, but have not done anything yet, as my two neighbors are on the same well,
    and I would have to get them to agree to split the cost.
  • #12 by Bentley on 05 Jan 2022
  • Yeah well well water and that requires power for the pump. We can't get the living room of above about 54 even with I'm in bonfire. My bedroom is 44 Kristen's about 46. We do have gas stove so that's something to be grateful for they'll be chilly chili dogs today I do have the one generator going so both fridges and the big freezer are working and we can unplug and have coffee and unplug and charge cell phone so there's a lot of people in the world worse off than me right now.
  • #13 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Jan 2022
  • Any indication of when power will be restored?
  • #14 by BigDave83 on 05 Jan 2022
  • Where I used to live we would lose power but usually not for more than a day. Growing up there I can remember being snowed in for 4 days to a week sometimes, and losing power for several days.

Gas stove and kerosene heaters.

Hope they get you fixed up soon, I had read that one of the electric coops here had sent a couple trucks down to help out but they got stuck  on 95. The couple pictures I saw it didn't look like there was that much snow.

• #15 by Bentley on 05 Jan 2022
  • According to the website it says between 6:00 and 11:00 p.m. tomorrow night! The one good thing we do have a truck out there now we're not sure if he is the repair truck he's gone all the way down the road to the winery this is on top of the guy that was here at 9:00 a.m. looking into what it is. We have no idea when it's going to be done it's just trying not to become too frustrated.
Pages:
Actions