Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My rendition of a Loose Meat Sandwich  (Read 6147 times)

elenis

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: My rendition of a Loose Meat Sandwich
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2022, 07:53:26 AM »

We have a Maid Rite in Ohio still that is on my list to try. We have several of the few remaining Kewpee Hamburgers in Ohio as well that I have been needing to get to. It is fun to go to places that are a part of burger history.
Mak 2 Star General #1799

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2022, 01:43:53 PM »

I'd like to see the guy or girl who can successfully heap a tsp of Worcestershire though.

Hah!  Ain't that the truth!  I never noticed.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2022, 01:45:02 PM »

Need a custom spoon with sideboards.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Fire708

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Shelton!
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2022, 03:21:28 PM »

This recipe sounds like a winner. I may give it a try. I'd like to see the guy or girl who can successfully heap a tsp of Worcestershire though.
[/quote]

Maybe freeze it first?

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2022, 04:20:31 PM »

I’m from Iowa and have eaten at Taylor’s Maid Rite in Marshalltown years ago. Marshalltown is about dead center of the state and I grew up about 30 minutes away.and have family there. Until a few years ago, they did not allow ketchup in the place, so I didn’t think it was that great. It might be the oldest Maid Rite still in business and I think was the second franchise location. Maid Rite originated in Muscatine, IA.

For me, loose meats are nothing special as I’ve had hundreds of them. Loose meats and cast iron fried potatoes or mac n cheese were my grandmas big crowd meal. So, I never seek to go to a Maid-Rite, but will gladly eat one.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2022, 04:24:25 PM »

Also, I don’t know where it came from but my family always called them beef burgers. Seems odd, so I usually call them maid rites or loose meats.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2022, 06:48:59 PM »

I did see that this sandwich is sold at one of the big name coney dog places in Detroit.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up