Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newest Toy...  (Read 1331 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Newest Toy...
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2022, 12:21:11 PM »

I like a creamy gauc, so I add sour cream & mayo.  Along with seasoning, some times diced tomatoes and bacon!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2022, 12:46:57 PM »

I made chips for some Guac yesterday.  Next time I make them I will fry for tacos!

Do you make your own Guac? I bought some avocados and made some, first time, just avocado, salt, pepper, lime juice, and a few cloves of garlic. It was good but missing something.

A little heat.  Diced jalapenos will do the trick.
Also Cilantro, diced onion, and diced Roma tomatoes work well.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 12:57:29 PM by 02ebz06 »
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2022, 08:44:36 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions. All sound good I had though about some sour cream, will probably leave out the cilantro as not a fan of it, a small amount may be okay I guess, it is kind of up there with sage in my sausage, rather have it without.

I will have to buy a few more and and a couple jalapeno and try again. I still have some in the fridge I made last weekend. I am the only one that will eat it, so having a chamber sealer I thought I would try to seal up some portions one to try to keep it, and two to se if it would turn brown on me. So far it has not.

GREG-B

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Washougal WA
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2022, 12:18:00 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions. All sound good I had though about some sour cream, will probably leave out the cilantro as not a fan of it, a small amount may be okay I guess, it is kind of up there with sage in my sausage, rather have it without.

I will have to buy a few more and and a couple jalapeno and try again. I still have some in the fridge I made last weekend. I am the only one that will eat it, so having a chamber sealer I thought I would try to seal up some portions one to try to keep it, and two to se if it would turn brown on me. So far it has not.

Try throwing the pit in with the guac. before sealing and freezing.  Same if you only use 1/2 of an avocado, leave the pit in the 1/2 you put in the fridge in plastic.
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy.

Brushpopper

• "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2022, 09:11:37 AM »

The pit certainly helps as does the lime juice.  You can also put some cumin in to make it more authentic.  At least here we do.  I tend to put too much because I like it so my wife does the seasoning.  Sometimes I sneak some more in ;)
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2022, 10:39:32 AM »

I had though about some sour cream

I have used sour cream on occasion, makes it smoother.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2022, 09:59:36 PM »

I made chips for some Guac yesterday.  Next time I make them I will fry for tacos!

Do you make your own Guac? I bought some avocados and made some, first time, just avocado, salt, pepper, lime juice, and a few cloves of garlic. It was good but missing something.

Try adding some Herdez salsa and green onions. This, along with changing lime to lemon juice and you have my recipe. I would also use limes but I always have lemon juice in the refrigerator.

I also add chopped roma tomatoes.

I find that Herdez is really good for making things like guacamole and bean dip. It is not my preference when I am using it by itself.

I have shown my guacamole in my posts on air fryer taquitos.

As I mentioned on my earlier post, I do not like sour cream in guacamole. I like a smashed avocado consistency rather than a creamy consistency. The same for mashed potatoes.

It is all a matter of taste. There are many ways to make it.

There is a discussion of my guacamole later in this thread. https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=6919.msg72095#msg72095
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 10:04:41 PM by Hank D Thoreau »

Brushpopper

• "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2022, 10:07:27 AM »

Try adding some Herdez salsa and green onions. This, along with changing lime to lemon juice and you have my recipe. I would also use limes but I always have lemon juice in the refrigerator.

My wife makes it with the Rotel tomatoes and chiles.  I like the hot and she prefers the mild so I buy the mild since she is making it.  I'll try to see what she does the next time we make some.  I know she adds cumin to it but I don't know what else.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up