Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Kristin Meredith on 16 Jan 2022
  • And so it begins.  Hope this one treats us better than the last one!

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #17 by Bentley on 16 Jan 2022
  • According to the radar, the stuff we are getting is coming up from the coast and Carolinas and mixing with cold air from Ohio Valley I think.  If the radar perditions hold true, we will get heavy rain at 8pm! 
  • #18 by Bentley on 16 Jan 2022
  • I think we are coming to the end of our snow portion of the day, so not bad.  Would be great Nordic ski snow if you are into that, very dry and crystalline.

• #19 by reubenray on 16 Jan 2022
  • I think we are coming to the end of our snow portion of the day, so not bad.  Would be great Nordic ski snow if you are into that, very dry and crystalline.

Hang in there you to.  I always dread the night more than the daytime with the chance of losing power.
  • #20 by Bentley on 16 Jan 2022
  • Oh yes! Power out at 7:45! Chat again when the power comes back on!
  • #21 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Jan 2022
  • only about 3 inches of snow and I think it is switching to ice now and rain overnight
  • #22 by Bentley on 17 Jan 2022
  • Not bad this time, only off for 2 1/2 hours.  Nice and sunny today, so a lot should melt!
  • #23 by reubenray on 17 Jan 2022
  • Not bad this time, only off for 2 1/2 hours.  Nice and sunny today, so a lot should melt!

Yeaaaa
  • #24 by SmokinHandyman on 17 Jan 2022

:cool: Glad to hear that.
  • #25 by BigDave83 on 17 Jan 2022
  • Kind of hard to tell what we got with all of the wind. I opened the garage doors to shovel out and I had probably a 20" drift against them.
     I would say somewhere in the 12" range. I know the main road I live along was closed a few miles away because of all of the vehicles stuck on the hills last night. Looks like it is to continue into the morning here.

It is just some snow to me, I have lived in this area all my life, going to bed and waking up to 8+ inches of snow was a normal thing years ago. I can remember getting up to about 15" one morning, I wanted to go look at a tractor maybe 45 miles away, I asked the guy what his weather was like he had sun and green grass. Sure enough once we got of the mountain it was a whole other world. 
Pages:
Actions