Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Free At Home Covid Test From The Government  (Read 6063 times)

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
Re: Free At Home Covid Test From The Government
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 05:43:30 AM »

The gov't is also suppose to giving free masks at pharmacies and other locations However I am not sure when this program begins

I would get some of these to replenish what I used when this bs started.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 07:42:44 AM »

The gov't is also suppose to giving free masks at pharmacies and other locations However I am not sure when this program begins

Last night I read that they were hoping that it started in early February.  Not sure why they are not running these through the USPS like the covid tests.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2022, 07:53:42 AM »

Last night I read that they were hoping that it started in early February.  Not sure why they are not running these through the USPS like the covid tests.

Probably know the covid tests will overwhelm the USPS and masks would simply break the system!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2022, 08:41:07 AM »

Probably know the covid tests will overwhelm the USPS and masks would simply break the system!

That would be unfortunate.  The USPS system should be one of the best distribution systems in the country for small packages.  These seem to be some of the issues where the government shoots itself in the foot.  They have a government employee who goes to virtually every home in the country at least once a week to deliver some piece of junk mail.  Put the junk mail on hold until the distribution of the masks has been completed.  ;)
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Brushpopper

• "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2022, 09:39:16 AM »

That would be unfortunate.  The USPS system should be one of the best distribution systems in the country for small packages.  These seem to be some of the issues where the government shoots itself in the foot.  They have a government employee who goes to virtually every home in the country at least once a week to deliver some piece of junk mail.  Put the junk mail on hold until the distribution of the masks has been completed.  ;)

You're making sense and the government doesn't operate on common sense.  I used to work there and learned first hand.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2022, 02:57:58 PM »

That would not be capitalism at work.  So I would have to say negative.

Put the junk mail on hold until the distribution of the masks has been completed.  ;)
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2022, 05:10:19 PM »

I love junk mail, I don't need to read it if I don't want to, I can use it to start a fire, and the best part is with all of it sent out and the money brought in, I am not paying 2 bucks to send a letter.

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2022, 05:52:03 PM »

I called an ad from junk mail flyer to repair my 21 year old sliding glass door. The fix was a little spendy, but they did a great job. Now rolls better than new.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2022, 07:23:18 PM »

I wasn't calling for a cancellation of junk mail, but surely most of that stuff can take a second seat to more important matters.  I too have used junk mail for things - driveway coating, restaurant coupons, appliance/electronics recycling, etc.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2022, 09:23:17 PM »

I understand what you meant.  We have no issues setting up tens of thousands of locations to give shots, but we cant do the same for free masks and free tests.  It should only cost a few Billion to set them up. Just print more money, that's all it takes right?
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2022, 10:24:03 AM »

I understand what you meant.  We have no issues setting up tens of thousands of locations to give shots, but we cant do the same for free masks and free tests.  It should only cost a few Billion to set them up. Just print more money, that's all it takes right?

As my son used to say when he was young and wanted me to buy him something: "You don't need any money Dad, just write a check".

Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2022, 01:07:58 PM »

Has anyone actually received the kits yet?
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2022, 01:19:56 PM »

Has anyone actually received the kits yet?

I think it said 2-3 weeks.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2022, 02:59:40 PM »

Our local news said it would be 7 to 10 days from the date of order for the order to be filled.  Then I guess it is put in the USPS.  So don't know where they are coming from or how overwhelmed the system will be with millions of packages flooding in at the same time.

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2022, 05:35:02 PM »

My niece is a teacher and she got Covid along with 7 more of her team.  She took a covid test, but she still had to go a clinic to get tested in order to get paid while she was off sick.  So what good are the tests then?  Her two daughters now have it, but she took them to a doctor to confirm.  She is doing better and her symptoms was a light fever, some sniffles and cough.  Her oldest daughter (3) is getting better after one day.  The youngest (1) just got it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 05:38:06 PM by reubenray »
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up