Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Free At Home Covid Test From The Government  (Read 6066 times)

Chokma

• Using less gas.
Re: Free At Home Covid Test From The Government
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2022, 05:36:00 PM »

I ordered on 1/18 and received an email today saying the kits would be delivered by 1/25.

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2022, 06:15:40 PM »

My niece is a teacher and she got Covid along with 7 more of her team.  She took a covid test, but she still had to go a clinic to get tested in order to get paid while she was off sick.  So what good are the tests then?  Her two daughters now have it, but she took them to a doctor to confirm.  She is doing better and her symptoms was a light fever, some sniffles and cough.  Her oldest daughter (3) is getting better after one day.  The youngest (1) just got it.

If a business is going to pay you sick pay, I understand them wanting a 3rd party to administer a test.
I'm sure people have called saying they have tested positive to covid when they didn't have it just to get time off work.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

SmokinHandyman

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2022, 08:31:11 PM »

Got ours today. Not going to use them unless we are going to mom's house to make sure we are OK
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

Chokma

• Using less gas.
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2022, 09:19:22 AM »

My son-in-law was feeling very poorly yesterday -- went to the clinic and was tested (PCR) for Corona virus, influenza, etc.  Tested positive for COVID.

Went home later that day and out of curiosity did the home test kit thing----showed he was negative for COVID....go figure.  I guess the moral of the story is don't place too much faith in anything.

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2022, 12:58:04 PM »

My son-in-law was feeling very poorly yesterday -- went to the clinic and was tested (PCR) for Corona virus, influenza, etc.  Tested positive for COVID.

Went home later that day and out of curiosity did the home test kit thing----showed he was negative for COVID....go figure.  I guess the moral of the story is don't place too much faith in anything.

Good to know info. Thanks for sharing.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2022, 04:04:20 PM »

I wonder who is getting kickbacks from the tests and now the masks that the government is spending millions on!
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

hughver

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2022, 05:03:56 PM »

I wonder who is getting kickbacks from the tests and now the masks that the government is spending millions on!

As I understand the process, anyone that either gives a shot or does a test gets a sum of money from the government.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2022, 05:46:59 PM »

As I understand the process, anyone that either gives a shot or does a test gets a sum of money from the government.

Government may give them away, but any business involved is going to want to be paid.
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2022, 05:35:47 PM »

Just received an email from USPS saying that I will be receiving the test kits Friday.
That will be 10 days.  Not bad, considering how many they are sending out.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2022, 05:40:34 PM »

Just received an email from USPS saying that I will be receiving the test kits Friday.
That will be 10 days.  Not bad, considering how many they are sending out.

I wonder if that lead time will stay that low as more and more people at the back of the line waited to order and the list of open orders grows.  I am sure there will be people who think they have covid, will go online to order free tests, and then will wonder why they test negative when the package arrives 10+ days later.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

SmokinHandyman

• Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2022, 05:47:38 PM »

I think all sets are important. :2cents:
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2022, 04:27:13 PM »

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2022, 05:36:37 PM »

Yeah, I ordered them the day that the news story broke, and have not received them yet.

I've also had a fever between 100° and 102.6° since Sunday afternoon.  No other covid symptoms.  I do have itchy eyes, sinus pressure, and post nasal drip issues.

It's only my wife and I in the house together with the dog.  We can stay away from the general public for the x amount of days the CDC is recommending.

I do have a doctor appointment on Friday for my semi annual bloodwork and annual urinalysis review.  I have scene the results same day on that.  Will see if they won't accept me in the office because I have had a fever.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2022, 05:48:25 PM »

I would guess not having them is due to you being in a denser population, slowing down the distribution.
Got mine in 7 days, they originally said 10, don't know where they are, but I have them.

hughver

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2022, 05:53:25 PM »

I have not received my test either. I too have postnasal drip but no other symptoms. The postnasal drip is not new, it's been around for the last couple of years, I have not been tested recently. Wife was tested negative last week in preparation for foot surgery.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up