Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Free At Home Covid Test From The Government  (Read 6061 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Free At Home Covid Test From The Government
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2022, 06:13:31 PM »

I guess I am the only one under the impression that Covid is over!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

WiPelletHead

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Mondovi WI
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2022, 06:29:25 PM »

It's only about 90 days I think from the time you receive them until the use-by-date.
If I order now, the use-by-date on them will only be 30 days or so past the unused ones I have now.
So I'll wait until early June. If they are out, oh well...

The ones I just received have expire 05-04-2023. So these are good for over a year.
FE PG 1000

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2022, 06:44:57 PM »

It's only about 90 days I think from the time you receive them until the use-by-date.
If I order now, the use-by-date on them will only be 30 days or so past the unused ones I have now.
So I'll wait until early June. If they are out, oh well...

The ones I just received have expire 05-04-2023. So these are good for over a year.

Well, color me embarrassed.  I just looked at mine again and it is June 23, 2023, not 2022.

================================================================================================
It kinda seems like that, but the last time they thought they had it under control and reduced restrictions, it exploded again.
I don't go out much, but I'm still going to wear a mask when I do into a business.
For the most part, my wife has done all the shopping by herself since covid.
Figured that if two of us go each time, we double out risk of exposure.
I did go with her last time as I wanted to check meat prices.  ;D
Only about 35-40% of customers were wearing masks.

The good news is, It is trending downward.

From the CDC:

Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2022, 07:52:56 PM »

I'm treating it as if it is.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2022, 09:27:45 PM »

I guess a better way to put it is, being vaccinated and have had it.  And the mildness of the symptoms, I do not worry about getting it a 2nd time!

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2022, 07:40:51 AM »

I think it will be making a return, China seems to be shut down in several places because of it. Warmer weather is coming now so that will do a couple things. It seems to thrive more in warmer temps, and this those temp creeping up people will be wanting to get out more if they can afford to go any where now. So I expect to see it come back to the news more.

I never got to  concerned over it, in the beginning I wore a mask because I had to for many places and I had hand sanitizer in the car I would use when I came out of a store. But that was short lived when I looked at things. I just came out had my keys in my hand opened the door got in touched the steering wheel and the sanitizer bottle. Then I did my hands but never bothered to wipe anything else off, not to mention the items and bags I just carried out. Who knows how many people touched the box of Ritz crackers, milk, and meat I just bought.

I saw something yesterday that Pfizer is saying a fourth shot is necessary. So a vaccine that used to be given to make you immune now is just given to try to protect you, and it does not seem certain that it does that. In the meantime everyone is worked up about gas prices and the oil companies making billions, I have not heard much about the pharmaceutical companies and  the billions they are making from just the shot.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2022, 08:53:56 AM »

I just spoke with a work contact in China yesterday.  They shut down three major factory cities over Covid.  One city had 250 cases and another city had 3 new cases.  Slightly different numbers than those seen in the USA that is now a virtually wide open society with regards to Covid regulations and shutdowns.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2022, 10:45:15 AM »

I trusts no news from China from anyone about Covid numbers.  A country with Billion + people and they had 89,000 cases.  That is all the misinformation I needed to know their numbers are not reliable.

SmokinHandyman

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2022, 06:18:52 PM »

It will never be over
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2022, 12:29:21 PM »

It is over for me, and I guess that is all I care about!

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2022, 05:00:53 PM »

In case anyone is looking to order more. This program ends 9.2.2022

https://special.usps.com/testkits

I ordered some for the GF, her work sent her some to take. took one yesterday it was negative took one today it shows a faint line by the T and a purple line by the C. She gave me the directions for reading it and I just laughed. It shows lines in both places or in one place and says positive for covid, then right under that it shows a faint line by the T and it says may be positive for covid.

So who knows, they won't leave her come back to work until Tuesday and she needs to wear a mask for one day. No fever has stuffy nose and sore throat, still has taste.

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2022, 09:24:55 PM »

I thought that it might be over until my wife got it and gave it to me. Neither one of us was very sick. For me, very weak, short of breath, diarrhea, and sour throat. Blood oxygen level was low and had slight fever. Since I have virtually all of the significant risk factors, I went to the ER and after some test, they sent home. They would not give me Paxlovid because it conflicted with some of my other medications. Things are almost back to normal for both of us now. Which is still, weak, short of breath ample back pain and almost no sense of balance. walking anywhere is a chore. I use a walker or cane to move about the house.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2022, 09:34:10 PM »

BTW, If you are on Medicare, you can now get 8 free kits from your local drugs store. That's 8 free kits per person per month. We went through 12 kits during our episode. We still have not tested negative but have 8 kits left and are still eligible for 8 more.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2022, 07:59:47 AM »

I have never taken a covid test during this whole period.    Don't know if I have had it or not since I have allergies and so often have a runny nose and sneeze.  But no sickness and I didn't stop shopping or going about my daily life and have been back to teaching ESL in person once a week since March and cooking with the church.  Don't know if I am just lucky or a person who does not show symptoms.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2022, 08:39:41 AM »

I had a test once only to find out I was negative and had legionnaire's disease instead.  I've been pretty active since restaurants/bars first opened up several years ago.  Maybe it's the beer and hot sauce that has helped me.  Or, maybe I have been lucky.  Or, maybe I had it and never knew it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up