Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 19 Jan 2022
  • Yesterday I made a special Anniversary dinner.   We are celebrating our 53rd year of marriage and our 106th wedding anniversary.  Now you may ask how is that possible.  Well we were married in Germany in 1969 and at the time you had to be married by the Burgomaster (Status of Forces requirement) and then the next day we were married in the Church.  So now we double the anniversaries. 
    For dinner it started with an appetizer of jumbo lump crab cakes on a bed of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and Prosciutto with a lemon vinaigrette.  The entree was prime beef tenderloin seared then rubbed with horseradish paste and wrapped in smoked bacon and bread crumbs. It was cooked to 130 degrees.  It was served with a dab of onion butter, potatoes rolled in butter and parsley, steamed carrots finish in a maple glaze and pickled onions.  Desert was an Apple Crisp finished with maple syrup and vanilla ice cream.  Our wine was a Robert Craig  Cabernet Sauvignon from Howell Mountain.

• #2 by Canadian John on 19 Jan 2022

•  Congratulations!

That is one very special looking dinner..
  • #3 by hughver on 19 Jan 2022
  • Congratulations!!
  • #4 by 02ebz06 on 19 Jan 2022
  • Excellent looking meal!!!   :clap:

Congratulations on # 53 and #106!!!   :cool:
    We hit 54 last September.

• #5 by okie smokie on 19 Jan 2022
  • We had our 54th in Dec.  Congrats to all the others.  :clap:
  • #6 by pmillen on 19 Jan 2022
  • Fine dining to celebrate milestone days.
  • #7 by Bentley on 19 Jan 2022
  • Congrats!  Wonderful post!
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Jan 2022
  • Congrats to all of you on those recent anniversaries.  Once again, great looking meal.
  • #9 by yorkdude on 19 Jan 2022
  • 3 milestones, 2 anniversaries and yet another beautiful dinner. Congratulations.
  • #10 by NorCal Smoker on 19 Jan 2022
  • Congrats!  The meal looks wonderful. 
  • #11 by GREG-B on 19 Jan 2022
  • Wow..... just wow.
  • #12 by elenis on 20 Jan 2022
  • Congrats and the meal looks fantastic.
  • #13 by jdmessner on 20 Jan 2022
  • I always enjoy your photos, another splendid meal! Hope you enjoyed your anniversaries!!
  • #14 by NorCal Smoker on 20 Jan 2022
  • And I love your table!  Have seen it many times and it always makes me smile!
  • #15 by ICIdaho on 21 Jan 2022
  • You do have a flare for artistic presentation of some amazing meals.  Was culinary training/employment in your past?
Pages:
Actions