Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 4given on 25 Jan 2022
  • Anybody know who makes the new Cabela's Smoke Station pellet grills? Maybe Pit Boss?
  • #2 by Darwin on 25 Jan 2022
  • Let’s see if the new staff will answer this question on their site.  The original owners’ team was fantastic with customer support and service.
  • #3 by Darwin on 25 Jan 2022
  • I just got this  from them.

“ The Cabela's Smoke Station 24" Pellet Grill is made by one of our private-label vendors specifically for Cabela's retail operations.”
  • #4 by glitchy on 26 Jan 2022
  • Based on the reviews I wouldn’t take the gamble. Though I probably would never buy a store brand grill of any sort.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 26 Jan 2022
  • they kind of look like some of the new Pit Boss cookers.

I agree cabelas support for their products has gone down hill. The last time I called they said we don't make that product anymore and no longer have access to parts. Then I contacted the people that made it for them Weston and they said we don't make products for them anymore and we can't help you with parts. Luckily it was only a switch so some trips to a few hardware stores and I found one that was easy to install with little modification.
  • #6 by Canadian John on 26 Jan 2022
  • I just got this  from them.

“ The Cabela's Smoke Station 24" Pellet Grill is made by one of our private-label vendors specifically for Cabela's retail operations.”

I interpret this as it as a typical off- the- shelf answer that exempts Cabela's from being pinned down in any way allowing them to source pellets any where based on price and availability.

That's the way it goes with most store brands.  Some good/some not so.

I messed this one up!  My old eyes didn't pick up the word GRILLS.  Perhaps too old for this.

• #7 by 4given on 27 Jan 2022
  • I can get one for a significant discount but all things considered, I think I will pass.  My GMG Daniel Boone is now 8 years old. It is still working OK but I have been thinking about getting something else in the near future. 
  • #8 by okie smokie on 28 Jan 2022
  • Looks like Louisiana (Danson) since it has a pellet drop. Of course they own PitBoss also.  Louisiana pits seem to be a little more solid on construction, and I like the design but for some reason they do not have customer praise I would expect.  But WTHDIK?
Pages:
Actions