Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 29 Jan 2022
  • One must admit the snow is beautiful even though it is delaying our travels south
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Jan 2022
  • Nice pics.  What was the total accumulation?
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 29 Jan 2022
  • Yes, very nice pics.  However I'm glad I see sand when I look out the window instead of snow.
  • #4 by urnmor on 29 Jan 2022
  • We got about a foot or so however I can tell you it reminded me when was a kid and had to walk both ways up hill barefooted to school.  Certainly not as easy as it use to be.  Fortunately we don't get a lot .  this year is the most in about 5 years
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 29 Jan 2022
  • This is a very cold year for us, relatively speaking.
    Been getting down in the 20's almost every night for the last 30 or more days.
    In the past, rarely got below 32.
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Jan 2022

Will the cactus die at those low temps and most other plants out there too?
  • #7 by 02ebz06 on 29 Jan 2022

Will the cactus die at those low temps and most other plants out there too?
    Cactus are pretty hardy.  Most perennials do OK.  Had a tree die last year. Not sure why.
  • #8 by SmokinHandyman on 31 Jan 2022
  • Looks as if it will be in central Illinois (my house) starting late tomorrow.  :'(
  • #9 by JoeGrilling on 01 Feb 2022
  • Man, I don't miss snow.  My wife and I have lived in the SF Bay Area since the mid 70's.  There is no snow here.  My dad was a leader in environmentally friendly snow removal when I lived in Maryland.  He would hand my brother and I a couple shovels after every snowfall.  Dad bought a snowblower when we both left home.   
  • #10 by reubenray on 01 Feb 2022
  • They are predicting 6 to 8 inches here in NW Arkansas the next few days.
  • #11 by elenis on 02 Feb 2022
  • We are supposed to get around a foot or so of snow here in my section of north central Ohio on Thursday. Just happy I live a bit more on the north side of things, the folks south are suppose to get that same volume as ice instead. The issue being we are supposed to potentially go around negative temps on Friday, so the salt won't do anything and heavy ice loves to take down trees and power lines.
  • #12 by BigDave83 on 02 Feb 2022
  • We are supposed to get around a foot or so of snow here in my section of north central Ohio on Thursday. Just happy I live a bit more on the north side of things, the folks south are suppose to get that same volume as ice instead. The issue being we are supposed to potentially go around negative temps on Friday, so the salt won't do anything and heavy ice loves to take down trees and power lines.

SW PA here, I saw one map showing us getting 12-18" snow and another showing Ice/rain. The looked a little bit ago and it looks like we may end up with mostly rain. Then it will get cold and all of the snow that is here will turn to ice.

If you don't mind , maybe you could go out and call the storm your way, we used to go out and say Piggy, Piggy Piggy and they would come running, so maybe try that with the storm.

• #13 by Brushpopper on 02 Feb 2022
  • We are supposed to get a wintery mix of sleet and rain north of San Antonio tonight.  I'm sure glad we are south of it and all we are supposed to get is rain.  I didn't much care for the ice and snow we got here a year ago.  Folks here can't drive in the rain let alone ice and snow.
  • #14 by 02ebz06 on 02 Feb 2022
  • Getting hammered again. First blizzard of the year.   ;D
  • #15 by reubenray on 02 Feb 2022
  • The light rain we got last night and early this morning has frozen.  It is currently 25 degrees/  The latest forecast is now calling for more snow and 6 to 11 inches of it, but less ice.  I am prepared in case our power goes out.  The generator and 20 gallons of gas are on my front patio out of the rain/sleet/snow.  The propane heater is inside the house along with a lot of extension cords.  The propane tank for the heater is on my side patio.  My rear deck is a skating rink.
Pages:
Actions