Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vacation Food...  (Read 2336 times)

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
Re: Vacation Food...
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2022, 06:24:10 AM »

Years ago a mexican guy had a street hot dog cart and he made bacon wrapped dogs in a wok type device, they were outstanding.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2022, 09:03:40 PM »

7,254 miles in 18 days.  That was the West Coast Final Tour.  I will NEVER drive across the Country again!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2022, 04:10:55 AM »

7,254 miles in 18 days.  That was the West Coast Final Tour.  I will NEVER drive across the Country again!
That is a lot of driving, too much for me. Glad you landed safely.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2022, 07:32:04 AM »

Those are some nice numbers, we did a close 4000 miles on our 10 day trip to Texas. I don't mind the driving if I am driving something comfortable. We rented a Grand Cherokee it was a nice ride, and would go very well with the flow of traffic, and had extra go for when you just wanted to get through and around all of the traffic and be in front by yourself. I wouldn't mind a west coast trip, not sure where I would go, the problem is if I am on a time frame, I usually can't see all of the things I want to see. 

It is probably good being back home though, I know I was happy when we made it back.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2022, 10:52:05 AM »

Glad you made it back safely.
I think the longest I've driven was when we moved from Delaware to Texas, about 1460 miles.
Did that in 2 long days.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2022, 03:41:06 PM »

Long trip, good eats, no complications.  Life is good! Glad you enjoyed.   :clap:

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2022, 04:43:48 PM »

I usually end up putting driving 2000-3000 miles during my trips down South.  Sometimes a little more if I drive around the state of MS for a week.  Hope the two of you had a great time.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2022, 05:58:49 PM »

Had a very good time and got to see many friends I had not seen in a long time.  You just all may wish to caution any female relatives and friends traveling in California that the bathroom situation may be "fluid".  Went into the ladies room at In-n-Out.  Two stalls, I was in one and another person in another. I can hear a 3rd person come into restroom.  I open my stall door and standing face to face with a young 20 something male, who then just moved into the stall. 

Given my age, I was convinced I had had a "senior moment" and walked into the men's room.  I was appalled at myself until I double checked the sign -- nope, I was in the women's.  Seems to be the reason so many places we saw in California have a one person, uni-sex restroom where you go in and just lock the door. That was not the case 9 years ago.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2022, 06:12:38 PM »

Had a very good time and got to see many friends I had not seen in a long time.  You just all may wish to caution any female relatives and friends traveling in California that the bathroom situation may be "fluid".  Went into the ladies room at In-n-Out.  Two stalls, I was in one and another person in another. I can hear a 3rd person come into restroom.  I open my stall door and standing face to face with a young 20 something male, who then just moved into the stall. 

Given my age, I was convinced I had had a "senior moment" and walked into the men's room.  I was appalled at myself until I double checked the sign -- nope, I was in the women's.  Seems to be the reason so many places we saw in California have a one person, uni-sex restroom where you go in and just lock the door. That was not the case 9 years ago.

Cheaper to build/maintain only one restroom.
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2022, 02:50:38 PM »

While on a business trip many years ago at LAX I was contemplating the problems of the day and inadvertently walked into the ladies' room which was very crowded, no one seemed to care, I apologized and left very embarrassed.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2022, 03:00:39 PM »

While on a business trip many years ago at LAX I was contemplating the problems of the day and inadvertently walked into the ladies' room which was very crowded, no one seemed to care, I apologized and left very embarrassed.

I've done that.  When I worked for Hughes Aircraft (Now Raytheon) in CA, the mens was always on the left on the floor I worked.
Had to go to a meeting one day on the floor above. Restrooms were reversed.
Without looking I went to where in my mind it was supposed to be.
As soon as I saw the couch in there I knew I wasn't in Kansas any more.
Made a hasty retreat and no one was the wiser.

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2022, 05:14:28 PM »

I've done that.  When I worked for Hughes Aircraft (Now Raytheon) in CA, the mens was always on the left on the floor I worked.
Had to go to a meeting one day on the floor above. Restrooms were reversed.
Without looking I went to where in my mind it was supposed to be.
As soon as I saw the couch in there I knew I wasn't in Kansas any more.
Made a hasty retreat and no one was the wiser.

I remember doing that at Hughes also. The restrooms were reversed at the bottom of different staircases. I wonder if we were at the same building.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2022, 05:43:33 PM »

I remember doing that at Hughes also. The restrooms were reversed at the bottom of different staircases. I wonder if we were at the same building.

I think the architect did that just for a chuckle.

They had multiple facilities.  I was at the one in Canoga Park, that was later changed to West Hills.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up