Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by 02ebz06 on 05 Apr 2022
  • Had some Green Chili Chicken Enchilada's with Green Beans for lunch.
    Nothing fancy, but tasty.
  • #32 by Canadian John on 05 Apr 2022
  •  Speaking of Mexican.  I had one of the best if not the best coffee ever that I brewed from medium, freshly roasted, MEXICAN CHIAPAS  beans. They weren't expensive either.

Not exactly food I know.

The food in this thread is awesome BTW.
  • #33 by Bar-B-Lew on 10 Apr 2022
  • I had about 5# of hamburger patties in the freezer so I decided to thaw and cook with a bunch of seasonings.  Made some chili which may also get mixed with some pasta at some point.  And made some tacos or I guess it could be called a ground beef quesadilla.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #34 by Canadian John on 11 Apr 2022

•  You come up with some good ideas Lew.  This is an other one.  Has a Mexican look to it.
  • #35 by Hank D Thoreau on 29 Apr 2022
  • I did a couple more beef chucks, and that means....TACOS !!!!!

I have to go a little easy on the meat. It is very rich. These chucks turned out perfect with a excellent bark to shred.

The reason the I keep the lettuce and tomatoes on the side is that I over stuff my tacos. I finish assembling the tacos as I eat them so I can hold all the pieces in place.

• #36 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Apr 2022
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #37 by BigDave83 on 30 Apr 2022
  • those look great.

I would have taken picture of my Mexican feast from last night but no one would want to see that. It was getting late so we ordered Taco Bell through their app and picked it up. I was hungry for hard shell tacos. So I got a couple of them and something  called a Beefy Melt burrito.

For me when it comes fast food Mexican I really like Chipotle, but there is not one close to me.

• #38 by 02ebz06 on 30 Apr 2022
  • Good looking tacos.   Chuck Roast is something I don't buy.  Not sure why.
  • #39 by Hank D Thoreau on 01 May 2022
  • Came home last night after my completing my hiking and peak climbing month on a high point. Finished at 270 miles and 60,000 feet of gain for March and April after spending much of January and February dealing with covid issues.

I was happy to have the shredded beef chuck when I got home. I made myself a burrito since I was a bit tired to fry up some corn tortillas for tacos.

No burrito picture since you could not see the inside and I didn't want to cut it. This is what makes shredded chuck so good. You can throw together such a wide variety of things with little trouble.

Tonight I will be making faux machaca and eggs for my wife. I say faux machaca since I am using shredded beef in lieu of dried machaca.
  • #40 by Hank D Thoreau on 01 May 2022
  • I decided to make a burrito for breakfast using my smoked pulled beef chuck. This time I would take pictures.

First, a burrito is a convenience food. You learn this when you make your own rather than ordering them from a restaurant.

A burrito is whatever you like and/or whatever you have available wrapped in a flour tortilla.

This is what makes the breakfast burrito such a logical extension for those that really love breakfast foods.

I, on the other hand, am not a big breakfast food eater so I will stick to what I like, the basic meat, cheese and beans, along with lettuce and tomatoes.

I really like the cold crunchiness of lettuce, and sweet contrasting flavor of tomatoes.

No sour cream. I never use it. I would add some guacamole if I had some made, but the point is to use what you have.

It's not supposed to end up fancy like a Wolfgang Puck pizza, unless that's what you like.

So here you go. Assembling the 5 minute burrito from stuff on hand in my refrigerator.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

• #41 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 May 2022
  • Sounds like my lunch.  I had some ground beef in the freezer that I cooked before I went on vacation.  Also had two partial bags of shredded cheese and some flour tortillas in the fridge.  Melted the cheese on the tortillas in the toaster oven while I defrosted the beef in the microwave.  Ended up with two ground beef tacos with chipotle hot sauce and smoked hot pepper relish.  There is enough to make one more which I will have later today or tomorrow.
  • #42 by Hank D Thoreau on 01 May 2022
  • Bar-B-Lew highlights an important point. There are a lot of options to spice up the flavor of quick foods like a burrito using your favorite sauces and relishes pulled straight from the refrigerator.

Burritos are left overs. Use what you have and spice it the way you like.

I have my favorite sauce. I tend to keep my stuff very simple. I like the contrast of flavors, temperatures and textures, so I focus on that.

The burrito is easily customizable. We could do a who thread on what to put in a burrito.
  • #43 by yorkdude on 01 May 2022
  • Going to make enchiladas tonight. Some ground beef and some of this. Weber is lit and hot and fast for the flap meat. We shall see.
  • #44 by Hank D Thoreau on 01 May 2022
  • Skirt steak is great for carne asada.
  • #45 by Bentley on 05 May 2022
  • Fish Tacos!

Pages:
Actions