Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by goosta on 11 Feb 2022
  • Well, the time has come to retire my FireCraft grill. I've replaced the igniter many times to keep it going. The other day, I was getting ready to smoke a chuck roast and it would not power on. Tried reconnecting the power cord and it showed the usual stuff on the display, but the power button still does nothing. Tried disconnecting the igniter as a test - still nothing. I really debated on getting a replacement controller for it from Blaz'n Grills but I'm just ready to move on to something (hopefully) more dependable.

My recteq RT-590 arrived today and will fit in the exact same spot in my outdoor kitchen, which is great!
  • #2 by Bentley on 11 Feb 2022
  • Hope you enjoy it and have years of trouble free cooking!
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 11 Feb 2022
  • If you feel like sending the Firecraft to me, I'd tinker with it.   ;D
  • #4 by yorkdude on 11 Feb 2022
  • That is a very nice looking grill, congrats.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 12 Feb 2022

•  A nice new cooker.. Not only nice looking but piece of mind knowing parts and service is available let alone the more up to date features..  Cook on goosta!
  • #6 by urnmor on 12 Feb 2022
  • Enjoy
  • #7 by goosta on 12 Feb 2022
  • If you feel like sending the Firecraft to me, I'd tinker with it.   ;D

Haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet, but I don't think the drive from NM to Central Texas is too bad!  ;)
  • #8 by goosta on 12 Feb 2022
  • Thanks everyone! Can't wait to get it going. Unfortunately, I just had surgery on Monday (gallbladder got the boot) so I have to wait a week or two before I can get it assembled. We'll see how that goes...  ;D
  • #9 by Brushpopper on 12 Feb 2022
  • The anticipation would drive me nuts if I had a new grill and couldn't try it out.  I doubt you planned your surgery though.  I'd have to bribe some buddies to do it for me. :bbq:
  • #10 by gpshemi on 12 Feb 2022
  • Been thinking about a RT590 as well even though my Q450 is still humming along. Then I think if Im going to pony up...might better go big or go home and pony up for the RT700. Hard to spend though when your Q450 is still working.
Pages:
Actions