Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting You Tube of Lodge CI Pans factory..  (Read 419 times)

Big Bear

• Using less gas.
  • "BBQ, the reason Pig was created!"
Made in USA {2004}Lil Tex #7130 w\ Savannah Stoker v1 controller & retrofitted with SS drip pan, fire pot, HD flame shield & Modified with the Original Downdraft Scoop - 20 years old and Still Smoking!

SmokinHandyman

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Springfield, Illinois
Re: Interesting You Tube of Lodge CI Pans factory..
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 05:16:39 PM »

Interesting. I have a Lodge pan
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 03:14:41 PM by SmokinHandyman »
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 05:25:47 PM »

I've got 1 or 2 but rarely use them.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 09:27:28 AM »

We used to attend the National Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburg, TN. Lodge was a major contributor to the event. Their factory store was popular and crowded with with all kinds of people seeking Lodge products..

During the event, the factory was open for tours.  They were popular.  We did the tour a couple of times. This video mirrors those tours.

I can attest to the quality Lodge puts into their products as we have many, perhaps too many pieces of Lodge cast iron cookware.

NorCal Smoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 07:57:33 PM »

Love their products!  I have 5 of them and use them all the time. Price is much less than vintage, and quality is great!

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 09:09:49 PM »

I have too many of their products. Skillets, Dutch and camp ovens.  I wish I had a gas stove in the house. 

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 11:42:27 PM »

I was heading back home from MS today and heading to friends south of Knoxville.  As I approached the Lodge factory, I decided to stop in since it was only a block off of the highway I was on.  I picked up a few things including a "seconds" griddle for $32.  Thanks for the heads up on the factory location Canadian John.

BTW, I passed the location on the way to MS from my drive from Chattanooga, but it was Easter Sunday.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2022, 08:28:31 AM »

I was heading back home from MS today and heading to friends south of Knoxville.  As I approached the Lodge factory, I decided to stop in since it was only a block off of the highway I was on.  I picked up a few things including a "seconds" griddle for $32.  Thanks for the heads up on the factory location Canadian John.

BTW, I passed the location on the way to MS from my drive from Chattanooga, but it was Easter Sunday.
  That's good to hear Lew.. I found the flaws in Lodges seconds to be minor & cosmetic. Some are hard to see.

My biggest problem with Lodge Cookware is leaving the store empty handed.

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2022, 09:04:13 AM »

Next steaks I do I'm gonna put my lodge skillet in the smoker and use it to reverse sear the steaks. That way I can use a bit of oil without making a mess, and it goes to the kitchen for clean up. Seen that done and like the idea. (instead of the back of my Grill Grates). I have a 10 inch without long handle. Pros and Cons on that?

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2022, 09:56:45 AM »

That's good to hear Lew.. I found the flaws in Lodges seconds to be minor & cosmetic. Some are hard to see.

My biggest problem with Lodge Cookware is leaving the store empty handed.

The griddle is reversible flat/grill mark and has a small grease trough on each side.  The one without the trough was $25.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: [1]   Go Up