Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by reubenray on 15 Apr 2022
  • Next week the lows will be in the 50's for about a week.  This is when my wife will plant her veggies.  I did the grunt work to build the cinder block 4' x 8' raised bed.  She has to do the rest, but I still have to put up some deer fencing.
  • #17 by elenis on 15 Apr 2022
  • We are still watching from when the local strawberry patches uncover their strawberries so we can follow their lead and uncover ours. I am putting up fencing around stuff this year because of the abundance of rabbits.
  • #18 by Bentley on 03 Jun 2022
  • Some things are robust, others seem depleted to me.

This is the tomato I planted back in November to se if the grow lights would work.  It survived the Winter indoors and I am hoping will have fruit available by end of June.  It and the other tomatoes seem to be doing pretty well.

• #19 by Bentley on 03 Jun 2022
  • The Chili's & Green Peppers seem like they are struggling!

• #20 by Bentley on 03 Jun 2022
  • Everything else seems pretty hearty!  Snow Peas and Cucumbers, Tomatillos, Sage, Oregano and Dill.  The melon's and squash.

• #21 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Jun 2022
  • Peppers look like they need water
  • #22 by Bentley on 03 Jun 2022
  • They have had plenty.  I am not sure why they are yellow, it is something year after year with our garden!
  • #23 by Bentley on 10 Jun 2022
  • If you do your own string trimming, I highly recommend the Darwin Grip.  Just installed and used it today.  At $70 I thought it was quite expensive, but was tired of my back being put out of shape.  Have a lot of trimming to do here!  Usually I have to go to one hand and rest the head on the ground several times as I am doing my rounds.  Not with this, great control of the Husqvarna!

• #24 by JoeGrilling on 10 Jun 2022
  • Looks like I'll have two tomatoes to harvest next week.  They're turning orange.  My area is terrible for harvesting tomatoes because of our cold evening.  It was 100 deg F today but I suspect we will be around  50 deg F tonight.  The fruit won't set.  I've going through the garden helping pollination with an electric tooth brush.  It actually helps.     
  • #25 by Bentley on 10 Jun 2022
  • I have 2 coming in, not sure which variety, but they will probably be 2 weeks away!
  • #26 by dk117 on 11 Jun 2022
  • I don't know if we want to call it climate change or simply a very wet spring.  My garden is a month behind normal growth.  Washington State.   Not much fun happening yet.  The lawn however looks pretty good!
  • #27 by dk117 on 11 Jun 2022
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #28 by JoeGrilling on 16 Jun 2022
  • My first half dozen tomatoes should be ready this weekend for Caprese Salad for Fathers Day.  However,  two of my plants were attacked by some vermin this week.  I normally keeps my tomatoes fenced in to keep the woodland creatures out.  My fence was not totally up this year while I was convalescing from my knee replacement.  It's up now.

The photo shows that something ate the core of the stalk from ground level to a foot above the ground.  I'm thinking mice, rats, opossums, or rabbits.     
  • #29 by Bentley on 16 Jun 2022
  • I will try and get some photos up this weekend.  No real fruit or vegetables yet, but it is finally starting to look healthy!
  • #30 by JoeGrilling on 19 Jun 2022
  • My first tomato harvest for the year
Pages:
Actions