Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time to make some Beef Jerky  (Read 523 times)

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
Re: Time to make some Beef Jerky
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2022, 02:05:01 PM »

CampChef is on at 180.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2022, 04:29:50 PM »

Finished product...
After they cool some, will vacuum seal them, 6 or 8 in a bag.
Will be great snacks.
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2022, 06:20:50 PM »

looks good

i usually bag 4-5oz per bag and vac seal
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Clonesmoker

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2022, 10:44:11 AM »

Looks great. I normally use bottom round when on sale. I forgo all the mixing of ingredients for the marinate. I usually get a bottle of Sweet Asian Chile Sauce or Lawry's teriyaki marinate (add in some sesame seeds), and just add some pink salt, a tad bit of water (enough just to rinse the bottles out) and some black pepper. Turns out great every time. Started doing Dr. Pepper jerky to. I keep seeing the Baby Ray's jerky in stores now so thinking of tring some of their sauce to make a batch of jerky.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2022, 11:36:23 AM »

Looks great. I normally use bottom round when on sale. I forgo all the mixing of ingredients for the marinate. I usually get a bottle of Sweet Asian Chile Sauce or Lawry's teriyaki marinate (add in some sesame seeds), and just add some pink salt, a tad bit of water (enough just to rinse the bottles out) and some black pepper. Turns out great every time. Started doing Dr. Pepper jerky to. I keep seeing the Baby Ray's jerky in stores now so thinking of tring some of their sauce to make a batch of jerky.

Pretty similar for me.  I use Frank's Stinging Honey Garlic hot sauce as a marinade, Lawry's caribbean jerk, etc.  I then throw a complimentary rub on top of the meat right before I put it into the smoker.  I found that rub adds enough extra flavor to make it worthwhile for my tastebuds.

It's probably been almost 2.5 years since I have made any jerky.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2022, 11:43:19 AM »

Pretty similar for me.  I use Frank's Stinging Honey Garlic hot sauce as a marinade, Lawry's caribbean jerk, etc.  I then throw a complimentary rub on top of the meat right before I put it into the smoker.  I found that rub adds enough extra flavor to make it worthwhile for my tastebuds.

It's probably been almost 2.5 years since I have made any jerky.

I just grind pepper on top before putting in smoker.
Been just making a basic and a Teriyaki.  I need to branch out and try some of the different recipes in the book.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up