Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by mowin on 05 Oct 2017
  • I don’t think that  :pig: would fit in mine

Didn't even try to fit it on my GMG DB, lol. It was 80 lbs. Cooked it on my offset stick burner.
  • #17 by Quadman750 on 06 Oct 2017
  • You all would probably have to do a Suckling Pig on those units.

!

Did you cook that on your pellet grill? How much did it weigh.
  • #18 by Quadman750 on 06 Oct 2017

Didn't even try to fit it on my GMG DB, lol. It was 80 lbs. Cooked it on my offset stick burner.

I guess a guy could always cut the head off.
  • #19 by mowin on 06 Oct 2017

I guess a guy could always cut the head off.

Racer style, like in Bentley pic takes less room then butterflied also. 

I can fit a 200#'er racer style in my offset, but couldn't fit it butterflied.   

I'd guess a 40-50 pounder would fit in some of the larger pellet units with a little finesse. 
  • #20 by Bentley on 06 Oct 2017
  • Just an internet photo.  They have them as small as 15lbs dressed, that one was probably 20-25lb.  I would venture to guess you could do a 35-40lb on the DB or like pit.  I cooked a 55lb. on a Traeger 075 twice.  It was brined for 24 hours and took about 12 hours, but it was slow cooked.  If I ever did it again it would be 275° straight through... 

• #21 by mowin on 06 Oct 2017
  • Just an internet photo.  They have them as small as 15lbs dressed, that one was probably 20-25lb.  I would venture to guess you could do a 35-40lb on the DB or like pit.  I cooked a 55lb. on a Traeger 075 twice.  It was brined for 24 hours and took about 12 hours, but it was slow cooked.  If I ever did it again it would be 275° straight through... 

Bentley,  did you inject too? Does the brine change the texture?
  • #22 by Bentley on 06 Oct 2017
  • 1997, 1st time I ever cooked on a Traeger 075...Just went by the book. No injection. It did not change the texture for me. It was at a tailgate for the FSU Bulldogs, so it was truly a picken party!  We did not inject the 1st one, did the 2nd.
  • #23 by GrillinGlen on 07 Oct 2017
  • Cash and Carry (like a mini Restaurant Depot) has 2 sizes in the freezer, 30-35# and 75-80#, I've been wanting to do one of the little ones but my daughter said she would cry LOL.  The bigger one would fit on my offset.  Id love to do one of the bigger ones at work for one of our sales events but there is no way I'm moving my offset unless I build a trailer
Pages:
Actions