Pages:
Actions
  • #106 by BigDave83 on 02 May 2023
  • Quesadillas the GF loves them.

SV chicken breast 142° for 5 hours, shred then on the griddle just to warm some and season with, tonight just salt an pepper. made up some chipotle mayo for on the tortillas also found a green pepper that I managed to get some good out of so sweated it with some onion, it didn't make the pictures. Just bagged cheddar from gordons.

Meal goes together quick once the prep is done, (shred chicken), usually have sauce made.

I have been living off quesadillas lately. I keep them really simple. Just cheese and canned diced green chiles. You might want to try the green chiles. The mild ones add flavor and a little punch without adding heat.

I will look for some. I mentioned I should have chopped up a jalapeno and added in. she was not a fan of that idea.

She likes chicken, extra cheese and the chipotle sauce I make up. I did like that extra flavor from the peppers and onions.
  • #107 by elenis on 02 May 2023
  • Quesadillas the GF loves them.

SV chicken breast 142° for 5 hours, shred then on the griddle just to warm some and season with, tonight just salt an pepper. made up some chipotle mayo for on the tortillas also found a green pepper that I managed to get some good out of so sweated it with some onion, it didn't make the pictures. Just bagged cheddar from gordons.

Meal goes together quick once the prep is done, (shred chicken), usually have sauce made.

I have been living off quesadillas lately. I keep them really simple. Just cheese and canned diced green chiles. You might want to try the green chiles. The mild ones add flavor and a little punch without adding heat.

I will look for some. I mentioned I should have chopped up a jalapeno and added in. she was not a fan of that idea.

She likes chicken, extra cheese and the chipotle sauce I make up. I did like that extra flavor from the peppers and onions.

We buy the cans of diced green chilies as well for things. Those and a little enchilada sauce can really amp up the flavor with refried beans and the like. I can be a little wimpy when it comes to spicy, but they just add depth of flavor and not heat.
  • #108 by 02ebz06 on 02 May 2023

• We buy the cans of diced green chilies as well for things. Those and a little enchilada sauce can really amp up the flavor with refried beans and the like. I can be a little wimpy when it comes to spicy, but they just add depth of flavor and not heat.

Try frozen chilies if you can get them, I think you will like them better.
    They don't have preservatives in them.
  • #109 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 May 2023

• We buy the cans of diced green chilies as well for things. Those and a little enchilada sauce can really amp up the flavor with refried beans and the like. I can be a little wimpy when it comes to spicy, but they just add depth of flavor and not heat.

Try frozen chilies if you can get them, I think you will like them better.
    They don't have preservatives in them.

These are really good too, and you can get them in mild.  Better than the can stuff if you use a lot of them

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CXK6QG5/?coliid=I265ZGD3MDIBU4&colid=3I53WEIYV2Q83&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
  • #110 by Bentley on 25 May 2023
  • Looks like I will get a 3fer on this picture! Griddle, Breakfast & Mexican!  Homemade chorizo & beans!

• #111 by Hank D Thoreau on 25 May 2023
  • Cool beans !!!!!
  • #112 by BigDave83 on 25 May 2023
  • I would eat some of that.
  • #113 by Hank D Thoreau on 25 May 2023
  • I am not a bacon guy but I do appreciate how most folks feel about it. When I do eat bacon, I like the thick sliced stuff like you get in English and Australian breakfasts.

Bacon is a reason to buy a griddle. Doing two pounds at a time is something that is difficult to do without a professional size griddle.

We have tried it in the oven and it takes a really long time when you have two trays of bacon going at the same time.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #114 by Bentley on 28 May 2023
  • Papas Con Chorizo...

• #115 by Hank D Thoreau on 28 May 2023
  • I was doing some small lobsters, so I had to pull out my Weber 2200 gas grill in addition to my griddle. Normally, I would do the asparagus on the griddle, but it is much better on the gas grill.

Sometimes you need more than one method of cooking. Over the past couple of days, I have used my smoker, griddle, gas grill, sous vide, stove and oven.

I did not use my charcoal grill, nor did I bury a Dutch oven with coals on top. Maybe next week.

The fish is Tilapia. That's what I had while my wife ate the lobsters.

[ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #116 by Bentley on 03 Jul 2023
  • Bean & Cheese Quesadilla's...

• #117 by 02ebz06 on 03 Jul 2023
  • Looks good, just missing green chili.   :rotf:
  • #118 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Jul 2023
  • This full size insert lays in my gas grill in place of the grill grates.  It just arrived on Friday.  Didn't try it yet.  It was cheaper and takes up less space than getting a full size propane griddle.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #119 by Brushpopper on 04 Jul 2023
  • That looks nice Lew!!  Good plan  :clap:
  • #120 by BigDave83 on 31 Jul 2023
  •  Stopped at a roadside produce stand for some tomatoes for BLTs and they had fresh green beans. I have never been a bean eater but as I got older I discovered I would eat green beans made like this, browned in some bacon juice, and I also will oil with salt and pepper and roast in the oven.

Had these with some potato pearls,and what is called pork bombs.
Pages:
Actions