Pages:
Actions
  • #121 by Brushpopper on 01 Aug 2023
  • I like green beans just about any way they are made.  I've eaten them like this (I think) but never made them.  They were really good when I had them.  Were they still a little firm?
  • #122 by Bentley on 01 Aug 2023
  • Looks like a fine way to prepare them!
  • #123 by BigDave83 on 01 Aug 2023
  • I like green beans just about any way they are made.  I've eaten them like this (I think) but never made them.  They were really good when I had them.  Were they still a little firm?

Yes still a little firm, I have to cook them longer for the GF or I would just get a little color on them so they were still crisp.
  • #124 by BigDave83 on 01 Aug 2023
  • Tacos tonight.
    Mixed some ground chuck with my taco seasoning and spread it out on the tortillas. Meat side down for a few minutes then flip and shut the burners off, I put them in the holder while she put the cheese on, then I just lowered the lid to help melt the cheese. Lettuce and sour cream for her, taco sauce, lettuce and onion for me, I didn't have any tomato or I would have had some of that on mine.

First time doing them this way, next time I may try some 93%. Will have tomato and fresh jalapenos also.
  • #125 by Bentley on 02 Aug 2023
  • Never seen a taco made that way!  I would love to have those holders for my Fry Bread tacos!
  • #126 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Aug 2023
  • Never seen a taco made that way!  I would love to have those holders for my Fry Bread tacos!

I've seen a recipe for a Big Mac taco that is made similar to what Dave did.
  • #127 by BigDave83 on 02 Aug 2023

I've seen a recipe for a Big Mac taco that is made similar to what Dave did.

Thought about trying one of them, but didn't feel like making the sauce. his was the first time trying this.
  • #128 by BigDave83 on 02 Aug 2023

These are what I bought, Blackstone makes a set also, but I am cheap and can usually find better alternatives. I don't go to Walmart often but next trip I am going to look to see if they have a set. To compare.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KP3BQKH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As I was looking for the link for what I have I come across these, they are rounded instead of a sharp V at the bottom. I think these would be nicer possible, especially for you if you are using a thicker flat bread for a shell.
    https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Stylish-Material-RTT-Dishwasher/dp/B08RD5G7MG/ref=sxts_b2b_sx_fused_v3_desktop_ref-tab-0?content-id=amzn1.sym.97762c05-7545-47e0-ae5c-1110ba2791f0%3Aamzn1.sym.97762c05-7545-47e0-ae5c-1110ba2791f0&crid=ELWAEZTS7727&cv_ct_cx=taco+holder&keywords=taco+holder&pd_rd_i=B08RD5G7MG&pd_rd_r=5c7d0aae-ed7e-4e02-8c07-4fb5ef9dffe1&pd_rd_w=VcOUR&pd_rd_wg=uz5Ot&pf_rd_p=97762c05-7545-47e0-ae5c-1110ba2791f0&pf_rd_r=9T5TMFG8NDG2D9CW65ET&qid=1691018116&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=taco%2Caps%2C278&sr=1-4-965fba24-1eed-4536-936e-b447f98a83bc
  • #129 by BigDave83 on 02 Aug 2023
  • Taters, onions and kolbas tonight, it is a favorite of hers and a little of Bentley's Cholula Chipotle on then when I eat them, makes them even better.

I need to figure out how to be a better picture taker, a photographer I will never be.
  • #130 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Aug 2023
  • I would eat that whole pile!
  • #131 by BigDave83 on 16 Aug 2023
  • She wanted fajitas to night, chicken though not steak, it is always chicken.

Been using the Badia Fajita seasoning for a whole now and like it a lot.

Cheese and sour cream on hers, I had the same but with some sriracha.

we use the griddle more than anything else for outside cooking. It is set up in the garage, sometimes I move it out but usually for all the longer a cook takes I just cook on it where it sits.
  • #132 by pmillen on 17 Aug 2023
  • Tacos tonight.
    Mixed some ground chuck with my taco seasoning and spread it out on the tortillas. Meat side down for a few minutes then flip and shut the burners off, I put them in the holder while she put the cheese on, then I just lowered the lid to help melt the cheese. Lettuce and sour cream for her, taco sauce, lettuce and onion for me, I didn't have any tomato or I would have had some of that on mine.

First time doing them this way, next time I may try some 93%. Will have tomato and fresh jalapenos also.

"Meat side down"?  I can't visualize this.  Is the meat on the griddle with the tortilla on top?  Then, do you flip them so the tortilla is down and meat is still on top (as opposed to scattering the meat all over the griddle when flipping).
  • #133 by BigDave83 on 17 Aug 2023
  • Tacos tonight.

"Meat side down"?  I can't visualize this.  Is the meat on the griddle with the tortilla on top?  Then, do you flip them so the tortilla is down and meat is still on top (as opposed to scattering the meat all over the griddle when flipping).

I mixed my seasoning in with the meat,then took the raw meat and spread it out over the tortilla and flatted it out as much as I could.Then just cooked meat side down a few minutes, flip and leave cook a little, I have turned the heat off at this point, then either put the cheese on or put them in the holders and put cheese on them. My griddle has a lid, so I close it to keep the heat in to help melt the cheese a bit.
  • #134 by Bentley on 29 Sep 2023
  • It's a shame it did not come out in the photo.  There were beautiful grill marks!

• #135 by BigDave83 on 03 Oct 2023
  • Tried some battered chicken thigh pieces on the griddle tonight.

Bought some stuff from an auction at at restaurant that closed. In it was 3 unopened bags of Golden Dipt AP  Batter mix. I messed with some of it and we did boneless wings, chicken breast pieces to most of us, in a pot of oil on the stove. They  turned out pretty good.

Today I decided to try them on the griddle, for in our salad.

Cut up boneless thighs, then seasoned and rested a while. Dry, Wet, Dry, Wet and on the griddle. Turned out decent, to much coating. Next time I will try Dry,Wet, griddle or maybe just Wet and griddle. I did mix in some Weber Jalapeno Garlic I believe is what it is called, in to the dry and the wet dips.

Pages:
Actions